Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] Oiram CE

Started by MateoConLechuga, September 10, 2016, 07:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait, does this mean you are no longer planning to work on this game? O.O Not that I am wondering when it will come out, since I'm patient enough to wait until it's done, but I'm just wondering since your reply to him implies that it's officially dead and that other members will have to take over.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 15, 2016, 01:34:24 AM
Wait, does this mean you are no longer planning to work on this game? O.O Not that I am wondering when it will come out, since I'm patient enough to wait until it's done, but I'm just wondering since your reply to him implies that it's officially dead and that other members will have to take over.
No, it is not dead. It's just that I can't support the toolchain, CEmu, work on USB, and still have time for people that just want games on their calc currently. In other words, I expect a little more effort from the community :P

xMarminq_

• Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh ok. I was worried lol. Anyway I agree with your Mateo. That said, I doubt there will be much effort from the community due to how small it is, but I think if people wants the game to be done soon then they should at least try to give an hand (starting with smaller projects first if they never programmed before, of course, then moving up).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

MateoConLechuga

Updates:

I would just like to thank everyone for the support; it's nice to have :D

kotu

this is really nice now i wish the 84+CE had sound

* kotu doesnt have a nes or snes aaaaaaarrrrgh
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Snektron

Looks pretty awesome! nice job :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

kotu

why is it half screen?
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

Dream of Omnimaga

I like it :3 but yeah I was wondering about the half-screen as well.

MateoConLechuga

Half screen to be more like the original size and because I have no idea how much slowdown I might add yet.

Anywho, added goombas, turtles, and the fire sprite, plus some power-ups, along with the flash caused by power-down. Can't shoot fireballs yet, but that's pretty easy to add. Everything is pretty much based on one structure. Also need to make it possible to pick up shells... I haven't really decided how I want to do that yet :P

kotu

This is too amazing.

Get lost.

xMarminq_

You could always put lives and score on the bottom, like a DS would
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: xMarminq_ on November 26, 2016, 05:44:24 AM
You could always put lives and score on the bottom, like a DS would
Yeah that was also my plan :P I was thinking of having like a neat scrolling log too that logs events... could be neat.

Unicorn

Oooh that could be very cool! And, um, level editor and compatibility with the Monochrome Mario levels? :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

kotu

@MateoConLechuga I am sure you know by now I am a fan of your work and your soul

I see the tilemap is scrolling by only a few pixels at a time in this game

Did you update the tilemap? Because when I started experimenting it I could only scroll by TILE_SIZE (in my case 16) at a time without rendering issues.

Thankyou Oh great one   He He He  :P