Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[ti-83+/84+] Desert Bus II

Started by JWinslow23, May 30, 2016, 08:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWinslow23

Based on this new game by DJ Omnimaga, I decided to make a spiritual successor to Desert Bus. If you're unaware, it's an unreleased game in which you drive a bus from Tuscon to Las Vegas...for 8 straight hours. No traffic, no turns, no pause feature, no nothing, you have to just drive for 8 hours.

In this game, you're that same guy in that same bus, but along the way, you crashed into a tree, and are waiting for the towing company to arrive (which will take 8 hours). During the wait, you have nothing to do but stare at the wreckage. Also, it's a hot day, and you tire easily, so you must drink enough water to stay awake the whole time, too. Press any button but CLEAR to drink water.

Oh, and it really does take 8 hours to wait. Try it! See how big of a score you can get!

Download link attached.

Dream of Omnimaga

Dat :walrii:

Also I like how that Game Over screen has a layout similar to a RAM Clear. <_<

I also edited your topic title since I added it to the downloads section (so it will get sorted properly)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

That looks fun! It should be in the arcade... ;D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

It probably depends if someone is willing to port it to KnightOS or something else that doesn't require illegally hosting a TI ROM. :P

I bet the game could easily be done in HTML5, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U