Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] StackerCE - Stacker for the TI84+ CE [C]

Started by Unicorn, May 13, 2016, 05:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Update: I added sprites, a menu, and custom colors, here's a screenshot if you're interested.

There are still some menu, quitting, and losing bugs, but they should be relatively easy to smash. After I get those, I'm thinking about adding an endless mode...
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

SiphonicSugar

What's teh custom sprite option about?  :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on May 19, 2016, 12:50:55 AM
What's teh custom sprite option about?  :P
Watch the GIF all the way through :)

Dream of Omnimaga

This is why I think the screenshot should have displayed the sprite mode first, because earlier I was using 3G and could only see the first half of the GIF, and I couldn't see any difference from the previous version lol.

My suggestion for the new version would be to allow the player to use sprites similar to the original arcade game. :)  (and perhaps a 16x16 :walrii: mode)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Yup, I was having some problems with key detection, but now everything owrks fine, so the screenshots should be smaller. Also, I can get that original sprites gamemode working if I can get someone to make those sprites :P

Ok, endless mode is done, download in OP

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm I still notice the game skips a row in the 2nd screen. Is that normal?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

SiphonicSugar

Lol, it would be cool if you could actually win things from this.  O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 19, 2016, 09:52:36 PM
Nope, but at the time of this post, I fixed it ;) I think its just about ready, I have to make 3 or so more sprites, and then I'm all set for a final release! (By that time the mew graphics library may have come out and I will need to update my code)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: Unicorn on May 20, 2016, 02:41:35 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 19, 2016, 09:52:36 PM
Nope, but at the time of this post, I fixed it ;) I think its just about ready, I have to make 3 or so more sprites, and then I'm all set for a final release! (By that time the mew graphics library may have come out and I will need to update my code)
Sorry, it has :( Updating should be a breeze though; CheckersCE was over 1000 lines and it took like 10 minutes to find and replace the functions :) Awesome work Unicorn :D

Dream of Omnimaga

As long as you don't make people have to update their code every few month then it should be fine (although more often is fine too if for very large projects it only requires small changes that can be done easily via Find/Replace. :) Otherwise it could lead to many people refusing to update. :P

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 20, 2016, 03:27:42 AM
As long as you don't make people have to update their code every few month then it should be fine (although more often is fine too if for very large projects it only requires small changes that can be done easily via Find/Replace. :) Otherwise it could lead to many people refusing to update. :P
Haha, I totally agree. This update is the first and last that will actually change the names of functions; it was mainly done to make things easier to use and understand. Unicorn; I do have one comment on your code that should help decrease size by a lot: Use smaller types :) Some functions only require a uint8_t, but you send them ints, which means mode code and more data. Also, it is faster to put variable declarations in functions, rather than having everything be global. Globals tend to make the code a bit harder to read. Other than that; you have come a long way I must say :) Nice job.

Unicorn

huh. didn't know that about declaring things and such... I generally only use int's as a rule right now, which I really shouldstop doing...

Anyways, I really need to get one more sprite. If anyone is bored, cod you make a sort of red gradient to act likea border?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

I might try to do something later but it will most likely just be like lines

Unicorn

Hey everyone!

I've been hard at work (sorta) and I've made 2 gamemodes and 3 skins. The first one is Regular Mode where if you make it to the op you win, and the second one in Endless Mode, where the game is endless, increasing in speed indefinitely. Anyways, I'm all done, and I've uploaded it to the OP and it will also appear here: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1466

??? ??? ??? ??? ???