Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] Opossum Massage Simulator [TI-84+CSE][TI-Nspire][PC][Android][HP Prime]

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, February 18, 2016, 07:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 27, 2016, 08:12:44 PM
Updated splash screen and title:

And thus, It RPG Is! was born from the ashes of LJN, sort-of. But now the game is broken so I need to fix it (it now doesn't do the character animation D:). I implemented @gameblabla 's control system, though, and when the meter goes too high you now die.
That's cool! Can there be an entering animation, such as showing the character walk in thru the door?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't think I will add one. xLIBC sprites this large takes a lot of memory. The LJN rip-off logo was added fine because it just uses xLIB Circle and Rectangle commands with text.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

There's a PC version a few posts above, or maybe it's in the Nspire SDL ports. But it's based on what gameblabla thinks the game will be like once it's completed, because he released it before I managed to finish the original. :P

I'll definitively put up a download on ticalc as soon as I got massaging fully working, including mood-based difficulty.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 28, 2016, 11:53:25 PM
There's a PC version a few posts above, or maybe it's in the Nspire SDL ports. But it's based on what gameblabla thinks the game will be like once it's completed, because he released it before I managed to finish the original. :P
Yeah, i have posted the new version with highscore saving for Windows and TI Nspire CX here.
3 downloads + 5 downloads elsewhere... i undestand why no one is working on an original project for nspire. :(

I still need to update the game to implement the possum's mood gameplay idea but other than that, it's working.

i bet my butt dj will still have more downloads than the PC + nspire version combined :p
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Thanks for the link. Once the CSE version is completed (at least, 100% functional) and that you updated yours with the changes, then I'll add it to the first post and clone the topic in the downloads section.

Also yeah the issue is most new people got newer TI-Nspires and are probably not aware yet that Ndless is compatible, not to mention the Nspire is less popular for gaming anyway. While this game is not meant to be good, it's one of the few original game (not emulator nor a FPS port) to come out on the Nspire so that would be a plus. I don't care much about download stats, though.

Dudeman313

I'll download it, even though I won't be able to play it. ;D
The answer is "Sure."

Unicorn

Do you mind if I try to port this to the CE using C? I kind of want to see how it will go, as it seems to be a program I can finish.
* Unicorn looks at FloodIt
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

That looks pretty awesome :o

Edit: i've tried the PC version and this is indeed pretty awesome :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

gameblabla

Quote from: Unicorn on April 07, 2016, 07:01:14 AM
Do you mind if I try to port this to the CE using C? I kind of want to see how it will go, as it seems to be a program I can finish.
* Unicorn looks at FloodIt
dj is in fact already working on a CE version but programmed in Basic.
He had the idea for this game after all... and my version has some differences.
Plus, it would be pretty confusing to have two somewhat similar games with the same title.
I suggest you leave that job to dj and port it to another platform. (i'm planning on a 3DO port)

I also forgot to mention that it has no sound.
And since it was going to be a calc-exclusive, that's an aspect dj did not focused on
so i still don't know what kind of music should i use for this game.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Ivoah

Quote from: gameblabla on April 07, 2016, 01:37:14 PM
I also forgot to mention that it has no sound.
And since it was going to be a calc-exclusive, that's an aspect dj did not focused on
so i still don't know what kind of music should i use for this game.
never gonna give you up of course :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Dream of Omnimaga

For music I was thinking something along the lines of Crazy bus theme or a crappy public domain song, preferably a very short loop like Hong Kong 97. For sound effects I was thinking of Atari 2600 explosions that plays every half a second during massaging.

Also gameblabla I agree. The CSE version requires Doors CSE, which hasn't been released yet on the CE, but it should come out in the near future.

Dream of Omnimaga

Sorry for the double-post, but I finally finished the gameplay part of the game. All that is missing now is the Game Over screen :D

What's new:
-The mood meter goes down based on opossum's mood
-The mood meter goes up at a different speed based on opossum's mood (if the animal is satanic-mad, it maxes out almost instantly)
-Animation has been fixed. it was a stupid variable conflict.
-Once you die, the game goes back to the title screen. I was tempted to make it go back to the It RPG Is logo but I'll be nice. :P

Dudeman313

Nice. :)
What do you have in mind for the GO screen?
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Same as Gameblabla's version, but the opossum won't be zoomed. I might add gore since he would appear right where the guy's head is.