Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Funny (and awesome) picture thread

Started by aetios, November 21, 2014, 12:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aetios

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 06, 2015, 07:05:42 PM
I never heard of it, but wasn't there a NL-specific social network like FB?
Haha yes, there used to be Hyves. It's soooo dead now, though o.o
ceci n'est pas une signature

Snektron

Whahahaha Hyves, that was bad. I think it became a game site though.

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Yuki

Kinda like Netlog, it was your average bad, low-end social network with like 2 users outside their country of origin and the only reason you're there is because some friend invited you and you like to sign up on social networks you would have like 2 friends on there anyway (and one of them is some random person who added you randomly), then it closed and forced you to migrate to a dating website, of all things. Like if they thought all their users were single or something. That's like, the most terrible decision I ever saw for a website, ever.

Also yeah, very important to commit your work before leaving in emergency.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Snektron

The third option should have been "git out" though :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on October 09, 2015, 02:48:35 PM
Kinda like Netlog, it was your average bad, low-end social network with like 2 users outside their country of origin and the only reason you're there is because some friend invited you and you like to sign up on social networks you would have like 2 friends on there anyway (and one of them is some random person who added you randomly), then it closed and forced you to migrate to a dating website, of all things. Like if they thought all their users were single or something. That's like, the most terrible decision I ever saw for a website, ever.

Also yeah, very important to commit your work before leaving in emergency.
Yeah that was the only reason why I Signed up there. Back theb everyone tried to compete against Facebook and Myspace.

Also apparently IE causes murders :P

EDIT: And notice anything special in this @JWinslow23 screenshot? :P

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

So brentmaas and me were playing borderlands 2 today...

ben_g

Lol  :D

Since it's quite hard to read, here's it in plain text (if I managed to read it correctly):
Quote*******STOP***(0X00000,0X673128AE, 0XC000000)

Error 106B : 23E

So... hate to be the bringer of bad news, but your system's pretty hosed.
Maybe if you'd downloaded less of that illegal Thrustcam c, your machine wouldn't be
all jacked up.
You should probably be embarassed.

ZRUCH_PR0N_MKYZ.SYS

If this is the first time you're seeing this, then it's only becayse no one else has
caught you yet.
Tell you what's gonna happen here...You're going to put a new graphics card in me and scrap
that gunk of my keyboard, and then maybe your search history won't accidentally
be mailed to your grandma - you pickin up what I'm laying down?

********STOP****PLEASE GOD STOP******

I think I'm pretty close to that part. I'm currently at the part where you have to find Lilith. I'll try to find this when I come at the point where I'll have to revive her.

Snektron

Quote*******STOP***(0X00000,0X673128AE, 0XC000000)

Error 106B : 23E

So... hate to be the bringer of bad news, but your system's pretty hosed.
Maybe if you'd downloaded less of that illegal Thrustcam c, your machine wouldn't be
all jacked up.
You should probably be embarassed.

2MUCH_PR0N_MKYZ.SYS

If this is the first time you're seeing this, then it's only becayse no one else has
caught you yet.
Tell you what's gonna happen here...You're going to put a new graphics card in me and scrap
that junk of my keyboard, and then maybe your search history won't accidentally
be mailed to your grandma - you pickin up what I'm laying down?

********STOP****PLEASE GOD STOP******

fixed a few things :P

Dream of Omnimaga

ROFL cumred is that really from the game? O.O

EDIT: Now for old school memories:

http://rickybalboathaslk1.tumblr.com/post/122390147908/wanna-be-the-next-biggest-music-producer-get
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 11, 2015, 12:51:44 AM
ROFL cumred is that really from the game? O.O

Yeah, it's on one of the computers in Lilith's firehawk lair. Before we always thought it was just some error message, but yesterday i thought to myself that this was borderlands, and there would probably something funny on it.

Dream of Omnimaga

I guess nowadays game producers want to make some funny references to Windows bugs and crashes. :P

Ivoah

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 11, 2015, 06:25:10 PM
I guess nowadays game producers want to make some funny references to Windows bugs and crashes. :P

On Mac there's a network folder that shows the other computers on the local network, and gives each one an icon depending on what type of computer it is (MacBooks have a MacBook icon, iMacs have an iMac icon, etc.) For all PCs it uses this icon:
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Dream of Omnimaga

ROFL. Does it actually use some sort of miniature icon of a computer with a blue screen in it?

It reminds me how on Omnimaga from 2005 to 2011 the TI-83+ I used in the logo had the screen looking like it said "RAM Cleared" in it

It was pretty relevant since most calculator development involved RAM clears. :P

JWinslow23

Quote from: ben_g on October 10, 2015, 11:31:41 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 09, 2015, 10:12:51 PM
And notice anything special in this @JWinslow23 screenshot? :P

Rickroll removed due to size

I do:

Rickroll explanation removed due to size

Heh, you figured me out @ben_g :P

I am actually, at this moment, writing an essay for English with the same constraint, only it is 5 paragraphs, to fit it.

Here is a transcript, with line breaks appearing as they are in Word, since a screenie is impractical atm:

Josiah Winslow
Mr. Adams
English 10
13 October 2015

Here Was An Antony

"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears." This quote has a certain recognition
never matched by any other Shakespearean quote. In The Tragedy of Julius Caesar, Antony is
going to speak at Caesar's funeral, shortly after conspirators – Brutus, Cassius and Casca – went
to the Capitol to assassinate him. Antony, a very close friend of Caesar's, goes to his funeral to
give a speech to "bury Caesar, not to praise him". However, if you were to analyze his speech,
you would find that the exact opposite is accomplished. Antony follows Brutus' earlier speech
up by reminding the audience of Caesar's greatness, and disproving what Brutus had said.
      Initially, Antony asserts that the reason Brutus said he killed Caesar – ambition – was
never in him, noting that "he hath brought many captives home to Rome" whose ransoms were
going to the city, he wept "when that the poor have cried", and when Antony was brought to him
to "present him a kingly crown", instead of accepting it, he refused three times for the Romans to
let him be crowned king. This is meant to show that Caesar is empathetic, but more importantly,
you could not say that he was ambitious in any way. Also, he refers to Brutus often, playing
down his speech by repeatedly referring to him as an "honorable man" while implying he was
never honorable in the first place. This begins to become more obvious as the speech goes on,
going so far at one point as to call the conspirators "traitors".
      Afterwards, the focus of his speech begins to change. He mentions Caesar's will, in order
to appeal to the crowd's sense of greed. He says if they read it, they would practically want to
run over and "kiss dead Caesar's wounds and dip their napkins in his sacred blood" and pass it
around their families as a sign of their legacy. In other words, they will think of Caesar highly,
and they will love him more than ever. He then sternly questions why the conspirators wanted to
desert Caesar, to so commit treason against him and all of Rome, saying Caesar is "marred, as
you see, with traitors". As a final point, he also downplays his oratory skills, insisting he could
never speak to persuade; he just tells facts and "only speaks right on". Because of that, as he is
going on speaking, the audience will start to believe the opposite about him – that he does speak
to persuade.
      Finally, Antony notices that his words have galvanized the crowd into demanding to
make the conspirators pay for their actions. He reminds them of something he brought up earlier:
"You have forgot the will I told you of." Wondering what treasures from Caesar await them, they
cry out to see the will. Antony says that everyone will get "seventy-five drachmas" (~$1,900) –
never even imaginable by today's standards! Now everyone in the audience believes that, if he's
going to give everyone in Rome that amount of money, he must care very deeply about them all.
To add on to that, Caesar's private walks and paths have been left as public places – that is to
say, "common pleasures, to walk abroad, and recreate yourselves". Now, the crowd can say
goodbye to any bad thoughts they had about Caesar before, and hello to a compassion that will
never be matched. The audience has now been convinced of Caesar's greatness, and they aren't
going to support Brutus' viewpoint from this point forward.
      In conclusion, the purpose of Antony's speech was to stress Caesar's good qualities, and
to berate Brutus and the other conspirators. In the beginning, he disproves what Brutus tried to
tell the audience before – that Caesar's ambition was the reason they killed him – by recounting
a plethora of examples to the contrary. He also describes Brutus as an "honorable man", telling a
lie to imply that Brutus wasn't actually honorable. In the middle, he questions what drove Brutus
and the conspirators to kill such a good man. Finally, after insisting reading Caesar's will would
hurt them and be detrimental to them, he reads it. After the audience finds out that "he hath left
you all his walks" and "seventy-five drachmas", they are finally convinced of what Antony said.
      "Here was a Caesar! when comes such another?"

How did I do? :P