Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

RIP David Bowie

Started by c4ooo, January 12, 2016, 10:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4ooo

On 10 January 2016, two days after his 69th birthday and the release of the album, Blackstar, Bowie died from liver cancer at his New York home. He had been diagnosed with the malignancy eighteen months earlier, but had not made public the news of his illness. Belgian theatre director Ivo van Hove ... noted that Bowie kept working up to the end.
So yea, basically this ^  :'(

Yuki

His last album came out 2 days before he died, guess he worked until the end.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

calcplays

This is sad. I've been a  Bowie fan for a few years.

He was the Nazz.

c4ooo

Here is a picture of Bowie with Fredie from Queen:

Unicorn

Yeah, that does suck. I like his "Under Pressure" and "Space Oddity"
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Rest in peace David Bowie. :(

I still remember that one maze movie I watched where he was involved
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Ivoah

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 13, 2016, 05:28:46 PM
Rest in peace David Bowie. :(

I still remember that one maze movie I watched where he was involved

That's the only thing of Davie Bowie I saw, that movie was creepy O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah it was weird, especially when watched as an adult. It was definitively aimed at kids rather than family, but it was still interesting to watch again nonetheless.

Also in related news to the many celebrity deaths lately, René Angélil just died of cancer today. He was Céline Dion's husband. I wonder if this topic should be renamed to include all celebrities because so many seems to die lately. First, Ian Murdock, then Lemmy from Motorhead, David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Céline Dion's husband and many more in just two weeks.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kegwaan

Well, look on the bright side. David Bowie and Alan Rickman were both 69 when they died. Donald Trump is 69. There's still hope.
All joking aside, what happened is very sad, and I feel bad that all of these celebrities who meant so much to their fans are dying.  :'(
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."