Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Factorio

Started by Strontium, March 09, 2016, 03:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strontium

Factorio is a top-down game about building factories and automating EVERYTHING! In fact, its essentially impossible to progress without automation and building cool setups for everything. Organization, planning, and problem solving play a HUGE role. The goal of the game, right now, is to launch a rocket, which is a massive effort.

A whole lot of awesome things are possible. For example, heres a small factory made by Zisteau (a somewhat popular youtuber) which helped him complete the game for the first time:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
His factory uses a (fairly popular) design called a "main bus" where the most important items used in production are put on a massive conveyor belt so that production lines further down can use them more easily without needing their own system to produce the same items.

Some people have made things frequently referred to as "megabases," absolutely MASSIVE factories [often] designed to be able to launch as many rockets as possible within a short timeframe, or just generally be awesomely huge!

There are also quite a few very large, very game changing mods like DyTech and Bobs Mods - DyTech is designed to make the game a bit more challenging, and Bobs Mods are designed to expand the production trees a lot.

Heres an example of a very big base made using DyTech:

In my own world, I've just finished automating green science packs (science packs are used for researching more tech). Heres the factory so far:

I DEFINITELY recommend this game. It got launched on steam recently, and is available for $20 (US).
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Dream of Omnimaga

Interesting, this reminds me of strategy games or building games like Sim City, Starcraft and such, but with a factory theme. It seems like it would be worth trying :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

It looks amazing, and I would want to play it, I just can't spend that much.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."