Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

KILL CMND [TI-84+CE]

Started by kotu, September 13, 2016, 03:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4ooo

Quote from: kotu on October 17, 2016, 01:58:17 PM
You mean the big round thing? That's the mech base

The small square inside it is where a mech shop and a tree are going to be.
Ahh ok.
Overall i like the environment graphics so far, but one thing you could improve is fixing that crack in the meck base betmean the floor and walls, where some sand and dark blue stuff shows up :)

kotu

Quote from: c4ooo on October 17, 2016, 09:57:10 PM
Ahh ok.
Overall i like the environment graphics so far, but one thing you could improve is fixing that crack in the meck base betmean the floor and walls, where some sand and dark blue stuff shows up :)

That's supposed to be some sort of 3d highlight effect  :-|
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

c4ooo

I am talking about these:

TBH they dont realy give a 3D look at all :( You should probably look up how to draw isometric pixart ;)

kotu

I know how to do isometric... this project is actually going to be a mix of styles - top down mixed with some isometric stuff

I tried greying out those areas like you said but trust me it doesn't work as well.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

p2

you would have to give the whole building a real texture in order to make it look good ^^
If you want me to I can give it a try and send you the results tomorrow :)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

kotu

Quote from: p2 on October 17, 2016, 10:14:41 PM
you would have to give the whole building a real texture in order to make it look good ^^
If you want me to I can give it a try and send you the results tomorrow :)
Up to you. I quite like it at the moment

If you do though, if you change the floor, make sure its just the same 16x16 tile repeating, if you can, thx  :)

p2

of cause :)
aaand add a huge walrii statue in the center  >:D :walrii:

btw we need a walrii smiley doing an evil laughter... ;D
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

kotu

Just seeing what people think about this...

The red squares are possible positions for repair/salvage trucks, which now stay in the base and operate remotely via teleporting etc. (the maximum number of them is 4)

This means I don't have to do complicated stuff (pathfinding) - i don't think so anyway.

Good enough, or pathetic??
:ninja:

p2

kotu

p2: i like what you did, however i can't use this for 2/3 reasons..

1) the base is supposed to be made of something approximate to extremely dense concrete so has to be grey.
2) the tiles don't repeat and therefore..
3) the graphic would use 20k. my binary file size is limited to 64k and already i'm using 30k, this is with most code still to be written too.

*edit*
plus, a mech base probably would be grey and not black.  O.O

p2

uuuh... c. Forgot about that... :(
ok then forget about it xD

kotu

thanks for your effort

still gonna be able to use the other buildings and the spaceships.

TheMachine02

Quote from: kotu on October 19, 2016, 09:54:40 AM
3) the graphic would use 20k. my binary file size is limited to 64k and already i'm using 30k, this is with most code still to be written too.

Well you could perfectly load your graphics from appv, allowing unlimited graphics size  :ninja:

p2

Maybe you should make a short tutorial about that, TheMachine02? :)

kotu

i actually wanna stick to the 64k limit and have it in one file

more sociable too