Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] ICE Compiler

Started by PT_, March 25, 2016, 08:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PT_

Output( and running a BASIC subprogram now works!

Note: I don't do any error-checking, so please be sure your BASIC program works fine, I can't guarentee what would happen if you have an error in it :P

Download:
https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=587211
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/84pce/asm/ICECompiler.zip

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome. By the way, Sin() Cos() Tan() Walrii()
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Alvajoy123

Whats wrong with ICE  >:(
it messed up when i was playing pong i can not see the ball or anything but colors  >:(
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
The maker of Xenon.

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: Alvajoy123 on April 02, 2017, 11:38:11 PM
it messed up when i was playing pong i can not see the ball or anything but colors  >:(

Do you have source?
Or is it the default example?
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

Alvajoy123

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on April 02, 2017, 11:49:48 PM
Quote from: Alvajoy123 on April 02, 2017, 11:38:11 PM

Do you have source?
Or is it the default example?
i have a default example

i need this for Linux please help  :w00t:
The maker of Xenon.

Dream of Omnimaga

You might want to try different program examples. Pong was made in the earlier days of Ice and I don't even know if it was updated to work on more recent versions. I remember having issues with it before, too.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Alvajoy123

Um while what is define Sprite
And where do you get it  :-|

Do you type it in?
???

And can it be use with other libs such as testlib libload and much more libs
The maker of Xenon.

Dream of Omnimaga

You need to use Convpng which is included somewhere in MateoConLechuga's Github repo for the CE toolchain. It will generate hexadecimal

PT_

In Case of Emergency (ICE..), you can join #icedev for (almost) instant help :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok thanks for the heads up.

Alvajoy123

thank for the heads up  :thumbsup:

one more problem in ice when you fill the screen with the color u what other shapes come up why is that
The maker of Xenon.

Dream of Omnimaga

Could you rephrase Alvajoy? I'm unsure if I understand what you mean

PT_

No the fillscreen command doesn't add 'other shapes', it's just you using it wrong.

Dream of Omnimaga

What's ICE Compiler by the way?

But seriously, yeah I suspect he did something wrong. Also remember: Always back up your progress often when testing ICE code. It's not like TI-BASIC. TI-BASIC will give an error if the code is wrong. ICE, ASM, C and most BASIC add-in libs will delete your RAM content. Heck, even pure TI-BASIC can delete your RAM apparently if you trigger a TI-OS bug. Always keep your data safe.

PT_

We are more than happy to announce that the online TI-BASIC editor and IDE SourceCoder 3 gets an upgrade again. You have now the possibility to compile ICE programs online, rather than doing it on-calc! The syntax is basically the same as TI-BASIC, but you don't need a "Then" for indentation. While the highlighting is exactly the same, except the commands of course, we are still working on a nice styling system for ICE, to make it even easier to write programs! But, you say, why can't we use the TI-BASIC section of SourceCoder 3? That is very simple: ICE has a lot of graphic commands, imported from the C libraries, and replaced them with det(XX..). From now on, you don't need to remember this anymore, you can just directly type "FillScreen(255)" for example!

In the sidebar you can see some groups, which are the same groups as listed in commands file of ICE Compiler, to make it even easier! Also, you can easily add comments as well, in order to explain variables or routines to yourself. You can do this by placing "//" in front of the line, the same as in with BASIC.

As far as we know, there is only 1 thing to mention:
  • There is a graphic command "End", but BASIC itself also has an "End". Therefore, I removed the graphic command "End", so typing in "End", gives you the token End, not det(1).
Anyway, we hope that this makes development of ICE programs much easier, and we are happy to receive feedback and or questions/comments about this!

Launch Tool:
SourceCoder 3 Online TI-BASIC, ASM, and C Editor and IDE

Many thanks to KermMartian for helping me in this process, correcting me when needed, and moving it to the real website!

Source: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13679