Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

General site updates, TODO list and discussion

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 12, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Yes but I just disabled it again because the lag (over 30 seconds loading) became unbearable.

Also I did some more editing to the theme to improve some mobile views. For example, under a certain resolution the navbar is no longer fixed (it will scroll with the page), although it doesn't work if you zoom in, for some reasons, and under 1000 pixels or so the search and info center moves down below the logo.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I have found a dashboard thing. i have a copy running on my server.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Yuki

Oh nice. It's also running on the Codewalrus server. Pimath, you're hogging all the CPU with OmnomIRC.

Speaking of which, Omnom is now running on a subdomain, it seems to improve page loading for some reason.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

pimathbrainiac

Omnom on subdomain works, cool. I believe you are fixing bot.py right now, so that might be fixed soon.

Also I leave in a bit for Pittsburgh.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on November 25, 2014, 08:18:57 PM
Oh nice. It's also running on the Codewalrus server. Pimath, you're hogging all the CPU with OmnomIRC.

Speaking of which, Omnom is now running on a subdomain, it seems to improve page loading for some reason.
Strange, I would have thought that running in a folder, especially as relative link, not absolute, it would speed things up. ???

As for the Dash thing, if it's secure to be accessed publicly, could you maybe move it to status.codewalr.us or make that page display some stats as well as DigitalOcean's/CodeWalrus twitter feeds?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Of course, I'll try to hack something about that.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Twitterfeed has been setup with Twitter and Facebook pages for the site. However, they are either unpublished or protected for now.

EDIT: Youtube has been fixed too, but now it no longer uses the Youtube BBCode: It just automatically parses the Youtube URLs as embedded videos (except on mobile devices). It supports HTTPs, Vine, DailyMotion and Vimeo, though. I didn't enable the rest, since I don't trust them (especially Facebook videos which contains viruses sometimes).

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

As a simple user, I can't set my beautiful avatar, I only have simple templates like celebrities. Could you fix that please?

Dream of Omnimaga

Strange, you should normally be able to set it since you have more than 1 post. Let me check permissions. EDIT: Try now.

Btw Social Login have been fixed. It turns out that Twitter was already working, but the rest wasn't.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Done! It helps to have a normal user for starting with! :p

Dream of Omnimaga

Indeed. I wish that SMF had that Facebook option to view forum as a specific user or member group >.< though, because when nobody is online it would help.

Also, the site background and color scheme is now used on my Bandcamp page: http://djomnimaga.bandcamp.com/ . However, the banner remained intact and the background includes DJ Omnimaga logos so that the change doesn't look suspicious. But yeah people can now have a sneak peak of the site background (sort-of) <_< . It doesn't mean we are going public yet, though. (Jan 1st 2015, although some clues will slowly start to appear through December and staff already started using "Remember the day the walrus started to fly..." in their sigs without the logo.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Do you know where is the codewalrus's omnom server? I'd like to use a IRC client instead of having to deal with a bugged text box on Firefox.

Dream of Omnimaga

You have to use EFnet or Freenode for the time being. Omninet will be added too around December, so that will be a triple-network IRC channel and the channel is #CodeWalrus. :)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Could you remove that please? This is quite annoying and blocks the access to the forum (well, reloading the URL works but it's still annoying)

Dream of Omnimaga

For some reasons, Tapatalk's latest version gets rid of the option to remove the annoying Tapatalk nag. I will need to see if there is an alternative, because I got asked to upgrade now and before the upgrade there was an option to disable Tapatalk nag.

Maybe juju can find something.