Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

General site updates, TODO list and discussion

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 12, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok let us know when you change stuff by the way. It will be much easier for us.

Also could you maybe ask on SMF support board why your site might load slowly? Just tell them your hosting plan specs, the softwares you run on your VPS, the current memory/CPU usage, PHP load time and tell them that on the site, page execution time is under 0.100 seconds most of the time. Other people could, but since you often run Ponies websites it will look less suspicious if an Omni member frequents SMF website and they will just think you need help with BroniesQC or something.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

UPDATE:

- Usernames correctly redirect to your profile in OmnomIRC

And yeah, I probably should setup a cache for static files so it would probably speed up? Otherwise, yeah the fact I run other sites makes me pretty legit to ask such questions.

aeTIos: fixed typo
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Cool, I thought Omnom had that by default but I guess I was wrong. Maybe static files cache would speed things up but I notice that images and HTML files usually load pretty fast. It's just PHP stuff that seems to lag (even the codewalr.us splash screen)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

Cool :D Also I fixed a typo in jujus post to try out my newfound mod powers :P
ceci n'est pas une signature

novenary

Quote from: aeTIos on November 18, 2014, 12:51:58 PM
Cool :D Also I fixed a typo in jujus post to try out my newfound mod powers :P
Haha it's nothing like splitting and merging topics. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

I remember a glitch with merging topics where if you merged an old topic with a newer one then the old posts were deleted because SMF tried to add them after the new posts. I'm unsure if that still exists, though.

Also I added an About page: http://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=28.msg317;topicseen#new . I still need to add a rule page, but now now just use the Omni rules I guess.

EDIT: I cleaned up the TODO list in the first post.

EDIT 2:

[spoiler]I also forgot to add a spoiler tag. It's different than the one on SMF 1.1, tho. Not sure where Omni found theirs.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]the game[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=testing if Chrome still screws up CODE tags]e
e
e
e
e
e
Quotes
s
s
s
s
s
[/spoiler]
Those spoiler tags will be against signature rules unless they're small. There is a line limit already in place, though.

EDIT: Removed issue about small code inside spoiler tags. It's a Chrome bug I think because no CSS editing can fix it even if you copy-paste the CSS from quote verbatim.

And posted links are now bolded by default.

EDIT 2: Site now use Arial font by default, like on Fluxbb.

Dream of Omnimaga

We need to fix login 404 (should be index.php?action=forum not ?action=forum)

aetios

Grr, stop making me click through all these spoiler tags <_<
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Hehe ;D

Also although we can't use the site name nor logo on other sites yet, we can use some slogans like "Remember when the walrus started to fly" in our sigs.

pimathbrainiac

Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

Also I think matref is on the verge of being invited in ^^

novenary

Added the slogan to my Omni sig and matref is in now. :D

Yuki

By the way, you can always add your favorite slogans in walrii.php.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

novenary

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN