Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Ponies

Started by Yuki, November 14, 2014, 07:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unknownloner

/)

Dream of Omnimaga

On a side note I like your avatar Unknownloner :). They should really make a MLP adventure game for consoles. Given that a lot of the older fans also like Japanese stuff and video games, I bet that they would like a JRPG or adventure game based on the show.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

unknownloner

This animation is freken epic

/)

Yuki

Okay, today's episode was so perfect I can't even.

[spoiler=Don't click if you haven't watched, that's pretty much the point of a spoiler tag]
So Cranky Donkey and her wife to be have to organise their wedding in an emergency, but the Mane 6 weren't available due to monster business. So...
- Derpy has not only a speaking role, but a main one!
- The Doctor confirmed to be Doctor Who (also main speaking role! And lots of references to Doctor Who in plain sight!)
- Bon Bon is a spy?
- Shipping! Lots of them! (Bon Bon x Lyra, Vinyl x Octavia, Doctor x Derpy)
- Vinyl and Octavia gets their bass cannon out and it's epic
- Gummy speaks?! At least we hear his inner thoughts. Pretty philosophical.
- Many one-time characters comes back (Steven Magnet, a changeling, Big Lebroski and many others)
- People in horse masks in one frame. That really happened.
- Many other references to everything!
[/spoiler]

So yeah, it's a massive thank to the bronies. Thanks M. A. Larson!

Link to episode:
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

unknownloner

/)

Yuki

Holy necropost batman. Also, holy epicness batman going down here.

Have you watched the new human ponies movie, Equestria Girls 3: Friendship Games?

[spoiler=most epic scene in the movie, ever, also spoilers]
Okay this is really epic, especially starting from 4:40 in this video, it almost feels like Japanese anime. Also, I like the fact the roles are reversed here compared to the first movie, Sunset Shimmer as the hero and (alternate) Twilight Sparkle as the villain who gotta learn a few friendship lessons at the end.

EDIT: Just look at the video thumbnail. That's the entire movie in one picture. Epicness at its height. Y'all can go home now. Wow.[/spoiler]

If you haven't watched it yet, go watch it.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

I was a bit scared at first when you mentioned human ponies on Twitter. O.O I thought someone made a live-action humanoid ponies fan movie. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Hehe, nah, it's just your regular technicolor cartoon ponies in human form. Still kind of pony.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait... isn't Technicolor from the 1930's and 1950's? O.o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technicolor

Yuki

Yesterday marked the 5th anniversary of the current My Little Pony show and to celebrate this...

[spoiler=Show spoiler!]...the Cutie Mark Crusaders got their cutie marks.[/spoiler]

It's a pretty big thing.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Care to elaborate for us non-bronies?

Yuki

In short...

[spoiler=Spoiler again]Those kids pretty much spent the last 5 years looking for their cutie marks (hence the name, Cutie Mark Crusaders), which is some sort of butt tattoo supposed to represent what your talent is that usually magically appears in a pony's childhood after discovering that talent, and in yesterday's episode, they finally got one of them. The plot on the episodes centered about them were often about their unsuccessful quest to gain such mark, now that they were successful, I wonder what they will do now...[/spoiler]
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

That seems a little weird O.O, but again I am not familiar with MLP. Now that reminds me... did anyone ever make a 2D RPG based on MLP that played like the old Final Fantasy games or Zelda?

Also guys, when posting Youtube links, would it be possible to use https link instead of http so that browsers won't automatically block the content?

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 12, 2015, 04:47:51 AM
Now that reminds me... did anyone ever make a 2D RPG based on MLP that played like the old Final Fantasy games or Zelda?
You bet there is at least one.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

I mean a brand new game, not just an existing game with pony sprites or graphics slapped over it.