You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

[TI-82/83+/84+] Falling Sand Game

Previous topic - Next topic

b/Game Downloads publicado por u/SopaXorzTaker January 27, 2017, 05:23:57 PM
Hey, guys!
I made a little falling sand game for the TI-82 (and other calculators).
It's pretty slow, as it's written in TI-BASIC, but I think it's pretty much playable.

Currently, it includes three types of particles (brick, sand, sand generator), but I'll probably be adding more soon.
The features include an edit mode (pausing the simulation) and a temporary fast mode that makes the simulation a bit faster while sacrificing the controls.

The attached GIF is at 4x speed, didn't I tell you that it's pretty slow?

The controls are described in the README.txt file. Also, included are the .82g and the .8xg files.
Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 06:02:04 PM by SopaXorzTaker
Inicia sesión o crea una cuenta para dejar un comentario
u/p2 January 28, 2017, 11:23:29 AM
hmm nice idea but indeed that speed problem pretty much kills it D:maybe you could add a parameter field width that is only changed when you move the sand generator? so it looks for falling blocks in a smaller area, speeding up the process at least at the beginning? :)
(Assuming youre using two FOR loops over the entire screen width//height).
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 30, 2017, 09:41:22 PM
Too bad it isn't faster, but I guess it's to be expected with TI-Basic. The best is to make it as simple as possible and possibly not full-screen.
Start a Discussion

b/Game Downloads

Video games for TI, HP, Casio calculators, as well as Android, PC and game consoles.

Topics
Explore Board
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators