Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Set card game (with AI) [Axe][ti83+][ti84+]

Started by ibid, January 08, 2018, 06:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibid

I ported the card game Set to the 83/84 calculators using axe. I used Runner112's GreyLib library to achieve near perfect greyscale.

You can download it here.

Rules

Like the original game, each card has four properties (number, color, shape, pattern). A "set" is a group of three cards in which every one of the properties is either the same or different. (but not two cards alike with only the third different).

Twelve cards (or more if needed) are laid out and you have to try finding a set. When you find one, you press [Graph] to call it, and then select the three cards. You get a point and those cards are replaced. Calling "set" incorrectly causes you to lose a point. (Though you can disable this penalty in the settings.)

If you wait to long then the calculator will "find" a set first and get a point. This time is defaulted to about 20 seconds (on the 15mHz calcs at least), but you can adjust it in the settings for an easier/harder game.

Controls

Arrow keys - move cursor around
Graph - Call a set
Graph/2nd/Enter - Select cards (after calling a set)
2nd/Enter - Deal new cards (after the calculator calls a set)
Trace - Enter/Exit the settings menu
Clear - Exit

Caleb Hansberry

It looks really cool, especially the grayscale!
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here