Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

How to use WalrusIRC

Started by Alvajoy123, May 11, 2017, 10:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvajoy123

How do you use command on the WalrusIRC and what are some commands
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
The maker of Xenon.

c4ooo

/walrii is the most important command

Alvajoy123

Quote from: c4ooo on May 11, 2017, 10:39:58 PM
/walrii is the most important command
What does it do
??? ??? ???
The maker of Xenon.

WholeWheatBagels

Living in another world to you.

Also in case you were wondering Frankie did go to Hollywood

Alvajoy123

The maker of Xenon.

Yuki

I'm the dev and that's all you need to know. There's a few other options like adding some formatting, but no one cares compared to /walrii.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Alvajoy123

Quote from: Juju on May 11, 2017, 10:49:30 PM
I'm the dev and that's all you need to know. There's a few other options like adding some formatting, but no one cares compared to /walrii.
what are you hiding

i found it out
[spoiler]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IRC/Tutorial[/spoiler]

Command   What it does   Example
/attach
/server   Sign on to a server   /attach chat.freenode.net
/server chat.freenode.net
/nick   Set your nickname   /nick YourName
/join
/j   Join a channel   /join #en.wikibooks
/j #en.wikibooks
/msg   Sends a message (can either be private or to the entire channel)   Message the channel: /msg #en.wikibooks Hello, World!
Send a private message: /msg JohnDoe Hi, John.
/whois   Display information about a user on the server   /whois JohnDoe
/stats p   Displays a list of active, on-call network staff   /stats p
/clear
/clear all   Clears a channel's text.
Clears all open channel's text.   /clear
/clear all
/away   Sets an away message. Note: Type /away again to return from away.   /away I'm away because...
/me   Sends an action to the channel. See example.   The following:
* Alvajoy123 loves pie.
would output to the chat in the case of JohnDoe:
JohnDoe loves pie.
/quit   Disconnects you from the IRC network. You can also quit with a quit message.   /quit Off to bed.
What happens: JohnDoe has quit (Off to bed)

Edit by p2: fixed tripple post
The maker of Xenon.

Yuki

if you want to use a real IRC client, you can go on irc.efnet.org #codewalrus. WalrusIRC does not support all these commands, except /me.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I think the only available WIRC commands are /walrii, /ponies and /me
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Alvajoy123

The maker of Xenon.

Dream of Omnimaga

It's not like anything else is needed in WIRC anyway, other than fixing some of the display issues for Discord and Telegram nicknames. (/me pokes @aeTIos )
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

the /ponies only works inside the borders of the WIRC, we should probably fix that so the poor pony can finally move more freely <3
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

Erm they move anywhere on the page for me. ??? What browser are you using?

p2

firefox.
it's the same for me on both macOS and Losedos 10
only scripts I have blocked are google analythics, twitter and facebook...
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

novenary

I'm using chromium here and the pony only follows the mouse within the wirc frame.