You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

A new Casio PRIZM calculator: The fx-CG50

b/Calculator Talk Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 14, 2017, 03:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/AmazoNKA July 11, 2017, 05:36:09 AM
Thanks for all the updates and trying. I started and then postponed fixing a few of my addins for fx-cg 50 too. Emulator cost is one problem I'm facing and lack of experience with linux prevents me from being able to restart the demo - in fact on some of the machines where previous fx-cg 20 demo expired I wasn't able to start new fx-cg 50 emulated not even once
u/critor July 11, 2017, 07:12:19 AM
You don't really need the new fx-CG50 emulator, as it is not accurate and just seems to emulate the older fx-CG20 hardware/behaviour.
Most addins work on the new emulator although they don't on real hardware.

If you've got something to test, just share it. I'll gladly do it. :)
u/AmazoNKA July 11, 2017, 11:45:47 AM
Makes sense that it is pretty useless for most add-ins as long as I have old emulator working - i only needed it for a few addins of mine like pokemon+ because it uses native os main menu background which now completely changed between fx-cg20 and new fx-cg50 versions becoming white vs black and so on. The other add-in i relied on black main menu background was my g-plus addin which was putting current time in the status bar of main menu and also launching most built in apps with the time display in the status bar. I made some progress fixxing everything for the new hardware but will have to work more on them to finish.

If compiling of gbl08ma's eigenmath becomes possible on windows i will definitely try and debug it for fx-cg50 - maybe one of the online compiling tools can be tweaked to compile such projects to make further development of gbl08ma's add-ins possible on any pc be it linux or windows - I know nothing about linux and will be greatful if someone makes those addins compilable on Windows please
u/critor July 11, 2017, 06:58:43 PM
The fx-CG50 / Graph 90+E does crash with both release and development builds of eigenmath.

It's reproducible :
- no USB connection
- reset eigenmath (delete folder - empty history)
- reset calculator
- run eigenmath
- type (x+1)^2 with the [x²] key
- type (x-1)^3

With the development build, the PC/target values are always the same :

With the release build, the values are slightly different but it still crashes :
u/Dream of Omnimaga August 21, 2017, 11:20:39 AM
So the fx-CG50 is $150 in Canada, $20 more than the fx-CG10, which remained frozen at $130 ever since it came out no matter the exchange rate. This seems on-par with the MSRP of USD$130 announced at some places before and it's actually cheaper than the monochrome TI-84+.
u/Jemons August 25, 2017, 12:50:37 AM
I am surprised the price is so expensive...
u/Dream of Omnimaga August 26, 2017, 02:10:28 PM
Calzcs are overpriced compared to their hardware specs.
u/critor September 26, 2017, 07:11:01 PM
@AmazoNKA and @gbl08ma
Now that OS 3.10 update is available for both fx-CG50 an fx-CG10/20, is it possible to check back what's wrong with Eigenmath and other add-ins ?

Thanks.
Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 07:20:31 PM by critor
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators