Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Puzzler's Sudoku for TI-8X+ series [ti-83+] [ti-84+] [axe] [monochrome] [puzzle]

Started by JWinslow23, May 19, 2017, 12:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWinslow23

A few days ago, I was browsing through some files on my computer, and I found a folder on my desktop called "SudokuAxe". I've already made a Sudoku game in Axe, so I was about to delete it...until I compiled it on my calculator again.
Apparently, quite some time ago (probably summer of 2016, can't remember exactly when), I made another full-fledged Sudoku game, complete with support for up to 10 level packs, and a fully-featured Sudoku level pack editor. I can't even remember exactly how I did all that, but I did.
So, I polished it up, and now I am ready to finally release it.

Long story short,
I accidentally made the best Sudoku game out there for the TI-8X+ series.
(that may or may not be an overexaggeration)

Introducing Puzzler's Sudoku!
This is a fun-filled Sudoku game for the TI-8X+ series, with 100 levels that come standard, and a random puzzle generator so the fun never stops!

How to play
At the menu, you can choose to play a level pack, or jump right into the fun by selecting "Random Puzzle".
If you select "Level Packs", you can choose from up to 9 custom level packs on your calculator, or choose the default pack "SudokuPk". Then, choose a level, and you can get to playing!

Use the ARROW KEYS to move your cursor, and use the number pad to place a number in that square. 0 or DEL erases a number.
Use ALPHA to change between pen mode and pencilmark mode.
"Pen mode" is the default mode; it allows you to place a number in a square.
"Pencilmark mode" allows you to enter candidates for the square in small numbers, allowing you to keep track of what square can be what numbers. The number pad toggles each number.

Gameplay continues until you win! If you wanna quit early, though, press CLEAR to exit.

UPDATE: Fixed some bugs with reading level packs from archive, and fixed random puzzle generation
Download the attached SUDOKUJW.8xp and SudokuPk.8xv to start playing! If you want to make/edit level packs, also download SEDIT.8xp.
If you want it all in one nice package, including a detailed README, download it from ticalc here:
Download Puzzler's Sudoku!

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

_iPhoenix_

Could I take the ideas from this, do some magic and port it to the CE? Looks amazing... (ooh shiny)
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

c4ooo

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on May 19, 2017, 09:17:58 PM
Could I take the ideas from this, do some magic and port it to the CE? Looks amazing... (ooh shiny)
Its in axe.

_iPhoenix_

I know, I would completely rewrite it. I think I understand how he did it (at least the basics), and will work from that :)

Evolution of my avatar:

JWinslow23

Go ahead, @_iPhoenix_ , port it to the CE if you want. :)

But if you make a random puzzle generator, be smarter and don't just shuffle the puzzles from the default level pack like I did. C has to be able to make "real" random puzzles :P

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: JWinslow23 on May 20, 2017, 05:34:32 PM

But if you make a random puzzle generator, be smarter and don't just shuffle the puzzles from the default level pack like I did. C has to be able to make "real" random puzzles :P

I never said I was going to use C...

I'm going to have a data base of like ~20 completed puzzles and leave out like anywhere from 50% to 75% of the numbers, based on a difficulty lever, that you can select. If a puzzle is not solvable, that's (supposedly) part of the fun!

Evolution of my avatar:

JWinslow23

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on May 21, 2017, 12:42:01 AM
Quote from: JWinslow23 on May 20, 2017, 05:34:32 PM

I never said I was going to use C...

I'm going to have a data base of like ~20 completed puzzles and leave out like anywhere from 50% to 75% of the numbers, based on a difficulty lever, that you can select. If a puzzle is not solvable, that's (supposedly) part of the fun!
ICE? Because TI-BASIC is almost unfeasible for this type of game :P Also, please don't make unsolvable puzzles. It just frustrates the hell out of people who know how to solve Sudoku puzzles.