Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CEmu

Started by MateoConLechuga, December 30, 2015, 08:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Yes I did. It was an iPod Touch 4. The day after I installed Cydia on it, I was greeted with the Apple logo on a black screen and the only way to fix it was to reset my device to factory setting. Afterwards I tried jailbreaking it again, only to be greeted by the same screen again a few days later. I eventually gave up and just switched to an Android device.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Adriweb

Hm, bad luck I guess, then. Never had an issues on my iDevices so far.

Anyway, got any suggestions/ideas ? Don't hesitate to create a ticket here: https://github.com/MateoConLechuga/CEmu/issues/ :)
Regarding the RAM Clear when cancelling the setup, hm, maybe it restarts the emulation, which would explain it... we'll have to look
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah that might explain things. Perhaps cancel acts as confirm. :P

In any case, now we got a full emulator to test games. Is the debugger done? I don't know ASM so I can't really tell from other posts.

Also we need to get ticalc.org to add the emulator to their emulators list and also they need to create a TI-84 Plus CE page for more visibility. I hope this tool convinces more people to develop for the TI-84 Plus CE.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Adriweb

New screenshot showing some of the latest features:
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

Thanks for posting those. THis looks very nice, as always :), and I'm glad this emulator is getting more features.

Unicorn

So we can snap the keyboard below the screen without having a huge resolution now?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

GalacticPirate

"Cross-proposition" with TI-Planet : I and Lionel Debroux propose to integrate CEmu's code into TilEm's one, to have only one emulator for all (e)z80. :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)

Lionel Debroux

I did think about it before the public release of CEmu, and Benjamin started working on that on his side a while ago anyway.
TilEm is the obvious choice for a portable TI-Z80 emulator, it's native code, one variant has a Qt-based UI (though I don't know how complete and up to date it is - I've never used it), and the license enforces good community behaviour.
One of the important goals for what became CEmu was quickly releasing a native code, GPL'ed emulator that works. A side effect is throw spokes in the wheels of proprietary software makers, of course. None of the persons involved in the initial development of CEmu was familiar with the TilEm code base, and a single person was familiar with libti* - so some time would have been invested in diving into the code base, but using TilEm as a starting point would have saved some time on other fronts. Hard to tell whether using TilEm would have saved some time in the short term :)
Another important goal would have been harder to achieve with TilEm in the short term: there's no Emscripten port of Glib at the moment...
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Dream of Omnimaga

Integration with TilEm would be nice, providing that the code is easy to decipher and easily re-useable. I think WabbitEmu is open-source, but it has lots of bugs and some innacuracies (older versions are more stable but less accurate). But I think I would understand if it was left as standalone emulator, because as Lionel said, the goal was to get an open-source CE emulator out soon, to make it easier to develop programs, since it became clear that no other alternative would come out in the near future.

So thanks for the initiative of starting a CE emulator. :)

MateoConLechuga

Hello again all! If you would like to make to icon for this program, feel free! Open to all, but of course it will be narrowed down to one. Icons should be in svg format, or 512x512 minimum in size. Vector based is preferred, of course. Thanks!

Dream of Omnimaga

If it wasn't for making CEmu sound like a CodeWalrus release rather than community release, I would have at least 160 icons to give you :P (I could maybe modify the 84+ Walrii to be a CE, though :P)

SirCmpwn

Quote from: STV on January 12, 2016, 11:57:00 AM
"Cross-proposition" with TI-Planet : I and Lionel Debroux propose to integrate CEmu's code into TilEm's one, to have only one emulator for all (e)z80. :D

Any interest in a merge with z80e upstream? I want to iterate more on scas and kcc's integration with z80e to enable source level debugging of assembly and C code.

SiphonicSugar

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 15, 2016, 05:04:19 AM
If it wasn't for making CEmu sound like a CodeWalrus release rather than community release, I would have at least 160 icons to give you :P (I could maybe modify the 84+ Walrii to be a CE, though :P)
NOO!!!! Don't touch the precious TI-84 Plus! :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

pimathbrainiac

By the way, for those who don't know where they're located, the win32 nightlies for CEmu (which are now actually nightly because I got cron working) are located here.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, I had issues getting those to work at first, because they had no extension, so I thought that despite being win32 they were for Linux only or something. But then I got told which extension to add and I think this problem has been fixed ever since. :P