Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Does the calculator send regular programs, though? I don't think it's a link port issue if it can't send apps. It has to be something else. I myself had a working 83+ that couldn't compile apps in Axe but could compile programs, but it could also send apps and programs fine. It's most likely OS or certificate-related.

In order to get files off WabbitEmu you need to right-click, then click View then Variables and you drag and drop what you want to your computer (some WabbitEmu versions might crash when doing so, though)

I downloaded the program now. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

E37

I'm not sure what the problem is really. Its link port has always been weird. I have to clear RAM every file transfer and even then it doesn't always work. I am using unsigned... Could that be it? Almost every transfer it freezes afterward and I have to pull the batteries. I have tried reinstalling the OS several times.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm weird, I wonder if that's an issue that has been reported before? What OS, calculator model (hardware revision included), Boot code and OS do you use? You might need to create a new topic for that.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

Hey guys :)
Some of you probably remember me from Omnimaga back then (I haven't been active for a couple of years...)
I know AutoIt, Java and Basic and a little bit of Asm and Axe ^^
I'm from Germany, have a couple of calculators (at least 4, maybe 6 or more... never counted them)
Aaand I love cookies :)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

c4ooo

Hmm.... "p2"... that name sounds familiar...
Ohh yea you are that guy who had the MLP anti-SOPA image in your signature :trollface:

Anyways, hopefully you actually stick around, unlike 99% of " returning" members who leave again after a few months <_<

princetonlion.tibd

welcome :D

I didn't leave, I got overwhelmed by the sheer amount of posts XD
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: c4ooo on August 11, 2016, 03:15:28 PM
Ohh yea you are that guy who had the MLP anti-SOPA image in your signature :trollface:

Anyways, hopefully you actually stick around, unlike 99% of " returning" members who leave again after a few months <_<
You mean like SJCubed, Flippanteer and GuyInFreezer? :P (which are jsj795, AzNg0d and YeongJIN_COOL)

And yeah I remember the anti-SOPA sig lol. Nice to see you around again @p2 by the way. It has been 5 years since I last saw you O.O (as for why CodeWalrus happened there is a big topic about it somewhere here, if I can find it again, but the site opened in late 2014. EDIT: Here's the topic explaining why)

EDIT 2 here's a cookie:

p2

yess... I've been lurking around every few months but didnt login... ^^ So I wasnt active anymore, that'S true, bit I was still a little bit around ^^

Just read the post...
I've been on omni the last days and it's made me really sad since the place used to be filled with people (at least back then when I was active) and now it's like a ghost town... :(
I really hope CW will somehow become what I left back then - a nice community of active members where you can get help at calculator problems within an hour after posting it ^_^

@c4000:
I cant promise it but I'll try to stick around :)

@DJ_O:
Hey DJ :D <3
btw, I'm still listening to your music (at least once a week) ^-^
cookie walrus *.*
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

princetonlion.tibd

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 11, 2016, 03:50:27 PM
Quote from: c4ooo on August 11, 2016, 03:15:28 PM

You mean like SJCubed, Flippanteer and GuyInFreezer? :P (which are jsj795, AzNg0d and YeongJIN_COOL)

And yeah I remember the anti-SOPA sig lol. Nice to see you around again @p2 by the way. It has been 5 years since I last saw you O.O (as for why CodeWalrus happened there is a big topic about it somewhere here, if I can find it again, but the site opened in late 2014. EDIT: Here's the topic explaining why)

EDIT 2 here's a cookie:
That could be our peanut bag :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: p2 on August 12, 2016, 09:29:40 AMJust read the post...
I've been on omni the last days and it's made me really sad since the place used to be filled with people (at least back then when I was active) and now it's like a ghost town... :(
I really hope CW will somehow become what I left back then - a nice community of active members where you can get help at calculator problems within an hour after posting it ^_^
Yeah I understand the feeling and I was sad for a while too, especially considering I am the very one who created Omnimaga in the first place (in case you didn't know, because I think you joined Omni less than 1 month before I stepped down from my admin position). In my case it's more the fact that from 2005 and 2011 I fought so hard to make Omnimaga forums atmosphere like CodeWalrus is now and it managed to succeed. But unfortunately, many people outside Omnimaga didn't want such atmosphere to exist and tried exploiting my weaknesses. I could not witstand such pressure at a time where I was still suffering from depression in real life, which was starting to have its toll on my physical health. In other words, I was pretty much forced to step down and there was no long term chances of me becoming admin again at the time.

I still wanted Omni to remain the same even after stepping down, same for Juju, But the other admins decided that would not be the case. A lot of groups and companies that switch ownerships do that, so it's not like it's not common, but I still felt crappy because I devoted 10 years of my life to Omni, including 6 on the forums. Hence why I fought so hard to prevent drastic changes after I stepped down.

Quote from: p2 on August 12, 2016, 09:29:40 AMHey DJ :D <3
btw, I'm still listening to your music (at least once a week) ^-^
Glad you like my music. Did you listen to my newer stuff by the way?

p2

sadly I only have a couple of your older songs on my phone (Luna Warior, Destiny Knight, Ride Through The 5th Dimension, ...)
but I'll definitely listen to all the new songs as well ^^ :)
Are you still producing new songs? :D

Edit: Listening to the new songs now and they're amazaing  O.O <3 But somehow different from the old songs ^^

kotu

Hi I am codewalrus' newest member (I guess) I am from the UK and as of the moment I have no calculator which I can actually program! Due to events described here.... https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=1520.0

My background is mainly C++ with some commercial experience in gaming and image processing.

Glad to be on the forum!  :crazy:
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

p2

Welcome to CW :D
And don't worry you got no calcs so far ^^ Just hurry up and buy one (or two or three) ;)

Btw... How old are you? :)
Quote from: kotu on August 15, 2016, 03:30:47 PM... some commercial experience in gaming and image processing.

kotu

Hey p2 got my CE-T working right in the end so now I have A CALCULATOR!! WOOT!

And, fancy asking my age! I could be a woman! Heheh

I AM OLDER THAN ALL OF YOU COMBINED

Quote from: p2 on August 15, 2016, 03:46:58 PM
Welcome to CW :D
And don't worry you got no calcs so far ^^ Just hurry up and buy one (or two or three) ;)

Btw... How old are you? :)
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

p2

Quote from: kotu on August 15, 2016, 04:59:05 PMI AM OLDER THAN ALL OF YOU COMBINED
sitting at the fire in his purple wizzard robe, the grandchildren sitting on his legs, letting him play with his long silver beard... ^^

given 694 members (693 without you) with average age of 18 (guess it's higher), it would be almost 12.500 years..
Pretty impressive  O.O Are you a wizzard?