Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColonelPhantom

Thanks for the warm welcome DJ Omnimaga!

To answer your question, yes,  my CE-T runs programs like Calcuzap just fine.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ CE-T

novenary

Hey welcome to cw. Hope you don't sink into shellhopping. :trollface:

Dream of Omnimaga

What is shellhopping? ???
Quote from: ColonelPhantom on July 13, 2016, 09:43:15 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome DJ Omnimaga!

To answer your question, yes,  my CE-T runs programs like Calcuzap just fine.
Good to see. I was worried due to TI locking down monochrome calcs in Europe.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

ColonelPhantom

Shellhopping = constantly switching between shells. Streetwalrus talked about it because I'm in a Linux chat with him (and aeTIos), in which I constantly switched between distros.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ CE-T

Dream of Omnimaga

Aaah I see now :)

On a side note is the Linux chat on EFnet? Because the #Codewalrus IRC channel is located there :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah I see. In any case I'm glad to see new people around :3=

KaraRyougi

Hey there. If you still remember the name of northern_snow... it's me.
It has been quite a long time since I was active in the community. A lot of things happened. Scalc was finally merged into cnCalc through a lot of efforts, yet cnCalc is active no more...
IMO the current inactive situation of our Chinese community is mostly caused by the widespread access to smart phones. There are domestic brands like Xiaomi and Meizu producing cheap but powerful Android phones, the price of which can be even lower than the retail price of NSpire... BTW the second-hand grey-imported NSpires are still cheap. But it's not that cheap now when compared to a smartphone. You need to pay ¥300 for a second-hand NSpire CX, while the RedMi with Quad Core CPU, 720p 4.7inch screen, dual SIM card, 8MP camera, 1G RAM and 4G ROM only costs ¥700. So why calculator? Also, education system in China doesn't encourage the use of calculators -- in some schools, smart phones and calculators are both forbidden items...

And I have been almost addicted to RPN since I got my first HP calculator HP 48S. No more love for TI for a long time XD. I have quite a large collection of HP now, but programming in RPL is still hard (

novenary

Oh, hi there, long time no see. I'm not sure if we've ever met properly but I do remember you from Omnimaga. Welcome to CW!

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya northern snow, I'm glad to see you back. We also do HP, Casio and mobile programming by the way :). Also thanks for letting ne know about SCalc, I thought it had just closed outright.

aetios

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 16, 2016, 05:24:59 PM
Heya northern snow, I'm glad to see you back. We also do HP, Casio and mobile programming by the way :). Also thanks for letting ne know about SCalc, I thought it had just closed outright.
You forgot that we have a computer programming section <_<

Anyway welcome back @KaraRyougi, been  a while since we saw you around :D
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I know, but I was on mobile and didn't have much time to type anything longer. :P

E37

Welp... Like all my social introductions this probably will be be kinda awkward.
I don't post often in "off topic" threads (anything not related to ti83/84 programming) but I am quite active on those I do post on.
For my experience, I have been a part of Omnimaga for about 6 months and have been programming my calc for 3 years.
For whatever reason, I can't stick to projects very well. I have started hundreds of programs... and finished less than a dozen.
As of time put into programming... lets just say that I put more time into it than is probably healthy.
Since I am always working on at least 2 programs at once anyway, I am always happy to pick another project up on request (as long as it isn't a port of a game - I can make my own version but not a totally faithful copy).
Here is a sampling of my work:
Editor: A small font program editor, and my proudest creation. I have implemented many features already, and am always open to adding new features.
Oops: Oops is a Axe library designed for combat games. It can handle huge amounts of "objects" and its only purpose is to handle a stack of them. (no collisions or anything fancy like that)
Solver: It adds a hook onto the standard screen letting you type in equations like "5+8A=94A^2" and spit out the answers for A (or any other variable) along with some other fancy features.
Staxm: a simple axiom that allows you to pop and push variables in Axe.
Slime... I never really finished Slime. It just starts and stops development but never really gets anywhere as I seem to start over each time...
I can post the files if anyone is interested in any of them.
Maybe I should have talked about my self more instead of just going on about my projects... Oh well.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

Dream of Omnimaga

Hi @E37 and welcome to CodeWalrus. Glad to see a new programmer around. Also while programming too much might not be that healthy, at least you are allowed to program at all by your parents it seems.

Is the small font program editor available as demo by the way? You should make topics about your projects if you have time. I remember back then that some people wanted a small-font editor to see more lines of code at once when programming on-calc.

By the way, from what I remember, you were friend with @Dudeman313 from what he told me when he joined a few months ago. I wonder if you know him in real life or if you just met on Omni?

I hope you enjoy your stay :3=

E37

I've attached the file for the small font editor. It is slightly outdated, but good enough for a demo.
Unfortunately my calc's link port is slightly damaged and it won't send apps... prgmEDITRSRC needs to be compiled with Axe as an app to work.
Is there a way to get files off of wabbitemu?
I have never met DudeMan313 in real life, but he happened to join Omnimaga at the exact time I had several projects that needed testing. (And we became fast friends after that)
When I get a chance I will make topics on my projects.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>