Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and nice to see you here. :D I saw your many SDL ports recently and commented on one in the TI-Planet thread. I am glad to see Nspire program development somewhat revived in one form of another, and I wish that there was a way to make Sega Genesis or SNES emulation run faster. I still need to try some of your recent releases.

ANyway I hope you enjoy your stay :)

(Also I think you speak French as your native language, right? The entire CodeWalrus staff speak French as their native language)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Hey dj, thanks !
The TI Nspire CX is quite capable but unfortunely,
most people are just too busy to even port a chip8 emulator.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 31, 2015, 03:38:08 PM
(Also I think you speak French as your native language, right? The entire CodeWalrus staff speak French as their native language)
Yup, french is my mother tongue.
I write/speak english on the web so much, at one time, i almost forgot how to write french !
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah that's the issue, plus with not many programmers it's even harder to find one that isn't as busy.

And for French I am the same personally. I got so used to write on English forums that I tend to not like writing in French as much, especially due to all accents and special characters. >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Haha that happens to me too. Nice to have a fellow ndless dev around. Enjoy your stay !

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

gameblabla

Thank you guys for the warm welcome, i'm almost crying right now...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

And that's the moment where the most hidden moderator pops up to say hello and welcome to another frenchie around here. (-_(//));
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

gameblabla

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on May 31, 2015, 07:41:05 PM
And that's the moment where the most hidden moderator pops up to say hello and welcome to another frenchie around here. (-_(//));
It's cool, thanks gent

Vogtinator

I guess I should also introduce myself here, as someone who doesn't know much more about French than "Omelette" and "Baguette" :P

I got addicted to calculator programming around two years ago, shortly before linux was ported, which was also the main reason to register on omnimaga.
I started some projects of my own after that, most notably nGL/crafti and I'm currently busy with nspire_emu-qt/<placeholder for a better name>.
I'm also occasionally doing some development on ndless itself.
I just realized that every sentence in this post starts with "I", but I can assure you that I'm not that egocentric outside of this post >:D

PS: I absolutely LOVE c++, it's in every way better than ANSI C, especially more readable and easier to understand (if the code isn't total clusterfsck). :P gameblabla
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspie CX CAS, Casio FX-85ES

Snektron

Welcome! :)

also C++ print streams syntax is weird <_< but kinda makes sense too.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

princetonlion.tibd

Welcome Vogtinator :-)

(Emoticon fails if  you type the dash? :-P  )
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Well you can't forget the tasty unicorns! or unicrons? That may be satan or satacron.  <_< mewo
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???