Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

The rant topic

Started by aetios, September 29, 2015, 04:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aetios

Post any one thing you have a rant about in this topic. Anything, everything.
Rules:
-twitter style (140 characters max)
-one per day
-must be sensible (no 'I lost' posts)

I'll start.

I was trying to fix my amp but instead i shorted it and broke it for real. Also, the fuse blew so the whole house went dark. >:(
ceci n'est pas une signature

Snektron

I had to do an engish exercise where i give advice.
"Your pet dog has lost his apatite recently": "You should put him down"
"Your sisters car has been makin strange noises recently": "You should call an exorcist"
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Yuki

The fuse that blows up every fourth time I use my microwave.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

semiprocoder

Anyone else have windows 10? Cause I was programming and forgot to do so in notepad++, and then windows update ran and deleted my changes.
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

Unicorn

That moment when you realize that you like programming, again, and wonder why you spent the last weeks watching youtube and playing video games wasting your time on your comp.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

aetios

When I find out that my weekly pay is 162 euros for 40 hours.

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait? What is the minimum wage in the Netherlands? O.O

Also when customers at work spends 2 minutes choosing between 4 identical packages in the frozen food aisle.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Quote from: Unicorn on September 30, 2015, 05:37:57 AM
That moment when you realize that you like programming, again, and wonder why you spent the last weeks watching youtube and playing video games wasting your time on your comp.
To be fair everyone has moments like that. You can't be programming 24/7 after all, it would get boring. :P I received some hardware parts two days ago so now I'm messing with them but before that I've been messing around while being bored, and before that I was focused on keeping a commit streak on github for as long as possible (lasted 65 days).

Speaking of hardware. Mfw something doesn't work because I set the wrong pin numbers in my code.
Also, mfw I ordered boards only relying on the pinout in eagle for my flash chip instead of checking the datasheet for the right one. Now I have to use green wires.

Yuki

Today I had to record some stuff with a professional video camera for school. I forgot to turn the mic input on. Which was probably a good thing, thinking of that...
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

I hate when I spend 10 minutes recording a video, only to discover that sound failed to record >.<

Also @Streetwalrus D:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

When your brand new arduino ethernet shield won't connect to your arduino. (not me, my friend)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

aetios

When you wake up and you have to work.

Yuki

When companies don't notice you before automatically charging money to your debit card or Paypal account. That really sucks.

(I don't trust automatic payments and try to avoid it when possible, but sometimes it's not possible (looking at you, Netflix and my current ISP). Also a robot arm to Namecheap who seems to be pretty much the only one I use who understood. That and my rent, but they probably just can't do the automatic payment thing since it's not an internet service.)
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I noticed that some companies are quick to do that, but the thing is most I encountered asked me permission to do it, so I am generally fine with it. It just sucks if they do like RN and tells you that you only have 1 upfront payment to do with no yearly fee, then a year later charges you an hidden yearly fee. As for my rent, I use checks for the time being so they can't take any of my money until I paid.

Yuki

Well, for my rent, (also the landlady I had before) I usually pay it in cash with a ton of $20 notes.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN