Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

How to set WalrusIRC bots/users on /ignore [tutorial]

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, September 16, 2015, 04:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Although WalrusIRC lacks an ignore feature like OmnomIRC had, it is still possible to ignore users in it  by using extra tools, thanks to a CSS update by Streetwalrus earlier. While it is not the most ideal solution, it can still do the job until Juju implements a real ignore feature in the shoutbox.

In order to do it, you need to install the browser extension called Stylish. Once done, create a new style in it with the following settings, but change "arandomuser" to an actual IRC user nick:

For example, if you want to ignore "The Game", your syntax should be the following:

.message.user-the-game { display:none; }

For Firefox users, you need to add the following at the beginning of the stylesheet for it to apply only on wirc :
@-moz-document url-prefix("https://codewalr.us/walrusirc")
And wrap the line DJ posted in { and }.

While I do not recommend ignoring people permanently (since you might forget), this can be handy in temporary scenarios if at one point you ever had issues with a specific user or wanted to hide messages from specific bots.

Thanks to @Streetwalrus for providing this info and for doing the CSS edits allowing this to work.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

For Firefox users, you need to add the following at the beginning of the stylesheet for it to apply only on wirc :
@-moz-document url-prefix("https://codewalr.us/walrusirc")
And wrap the line DJ posted in { and }.

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh, I didn't know that. I'll add this to my post.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Bump:

I updated this tutorial, because for some reasons, @Streetwalrus or @Juju changed the class names for nicknames in WalrusIRC so that instead of .message.NickName they are .message.user-nickname . As a result, this ignore list trick stopped working. Now you need to make the nickname lowercase and append user- before it.