We're on Discord! Please join our server now if you don't want to miss anything! (More info) | Join the UCC4 contest! (More info)

* WalrusIRC & Discord main room

If you have a forum account, have more than 4 posts and are not part of a restricted usergroup, then you can chat in our main Discord server room directly from here and continue using the forums at the same time. Or you can join our server directly and access many more discussion rooms!

Author Topic: SDL/n2DLib ports for TI Nspire  (Read 107046 times)

Offline gameblabla

• Super User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +15/-7
  • TI-nspire porter
Re: SDL ports for TI Nspire
« on: August 30, 2015, 04:26:20 pm »
I have not done much because i was trying to improve Oswan for GCW0.
I still found some time to fix a annoying bug my RoQPlayer.

RoQPlayer
RoQ is a video format similar to CinePak.
To convert a video to RoQ, you can use ffmpeg.
This new update removes the annoying cursor when a video was playing.
You can download it here :https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=296214

Wow, that looks amazing! I wish the CSE could do that kind of thing.
Since the TI-84+CE is faster and can run C, I wonder if SDL could be ported to it and allow such games to be ported? After all, since Out of this World could run on a SNES, shouldn't the 84+CE be able to run it too?
No, he's right, something like SDL would probably be infeasible due to overall low memory.
I have to remind you that the proc is still 8-bits...
Something like Out of this World could be done even in C if properly coded but that's about it.
Also, that C compiler you're talking about is proprietary. I'm not even willing to touch that.

Anyway I am curious about what gameblabla have in store next in terms of TI-Nspire SDL game ports.
If the issue with floats is solved then i can release a proper version of Genesis Plus GX, Meritous, NeoPop etc...
If not, well i would have to look for new software to port.
I do plan to re-release my old nspire games (Cass' Gueule, Rainbow Dash v1.5, Where's Derpy), make them faster
and release them as a part of a compilation.
There's also Ganbare Natsukisan i need to port as well.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 01:36:29 pm by gameblabla »
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, TI-89

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games