We're on Discord! Please join our server now if you don't want to miss anything! (More info) | Join the UCC4 contest! (More info)

* WalrusIRC & Discord main room

If you have a forum account, have more than 4 posts and are not part of a restricted usergroup, then you can chat in our main Discord server room directly from here and continue using the forums at the same time. Or you can join our server directly and access many more discussion rooms!

Author Topic: Toy Story NES - IPS patch to "fix" typos  (Read 8363 times)

Offline JWinslow23

• Should my fans be called "Elephants", "Cookie Clickers", or "Descenders"?
  • Super User
  • CW 4x3 challenge - 2nd place
  • Post Rating Ratio: +14/-1
  • 99.999...% of mathematicians agree, tau > pi.
    • @UCu_9qD95nADzc-W6RN-3Z8A
    • 113/11328
Re: Toy Story NES - IPS patch to "fix" typos
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 08:52:46 am »
Maybe there are editors? On ROMHacking website there are several tools available. I don't know if there is one for that game in particular, though, especially since it's a pirate game. But perhaps there could be some generic tool?
For changing colors? I bet any tool would work fine, provided you know what to do...only thing is, this is the closest I think you'd get to SNES colors (except the room could be a bit of a lighter blue...but all of the blocks are B blocks like the Genesis version, and the Genesis version has a dark blue room, so maybe it's based off the Genesis version).

Offline xlibman

• Omni founder & CW co-founder
  • CodeWalrus Staff
  • Super User
  • Forum Maintenance
  • Original 5
  • Post Rating Ratio: +101/-5
    • dj_omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga.music
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • dj_omnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • /u/DJ_Omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga
    • 112/11286
    • @djomnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • DJ Omnimaga music store
Re: Toy Story NES - IPS patch to "fix" typos
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 06:01:26 am »
Yeah for color changing I mean, but also sprite replacement. And I see. I was wondering since the colors semeed a bit different and some NES pirate games tend to use funky colors for odd reasons. (eg Somari has some pink stages)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, Casio fx-CG10
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung i5510, Nintendo Switch, Playstation TV

Bandcamp|Reverbnation|Facebook|Youtube|Twitter
Retired Omnimaga admin (2001-11) and editor (2012-14)

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games