Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Walrification begins monday!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 28, 2014, 07:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Starting Monday, this is when, in the calculator community, you will start seeing signs that CodeWalrus exists. Since this week began, some of our staff members have started using the tagline "Remember the day the walrus started to fly..." in their forum signatures on other forums and my Bandcamp music store was redesigned to fit the site theme. On December 1st 2014, as forum avatars, it's Walrii that you will start seeing appear:

On December 7th, it's this signature that will start appearing publicly (on that day, we could almost talk of "Black Sunday" because of the story behind CodeWalr.us and by then, it will probably become clear to some people that something's up):
QuoteRemember, the 24th of October...

Then on December 13th, the following avatar and signature, where the banner will start leading to the actual splash screen URL, http://codewalr.us/ , will replace the above:

QuoteRemember the 24th of October, the day the walrus started to fly...

By December 19th, people will probably have already figured out, but this is around when we will blatantly start saying that a new calculator forum has been running since October, but that it's invite-only until New Year 2015. The splash screen will be gone and the site domain name will lead to the forums directly (although still not open to public).
QuoteComing soon: January 1st 2015

Around December 24th, the following signature will start being used instead, fully unveiling what the site is about:
QuoteComing soon: January 1st 2015

Then on January 1st 2015, in the form of a programming group (for now), a new era will begin...
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I think they already are figuring out as you are"DJ Omniwalrus" on IRC..
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

I doubt it, because my DJ Omniwalrus and DJOWalrii nicks is not in any way linked to this site. It was supposed to be my alt nick for IRCCloud or ZNC, while I use DJ_Omnimaga with other IRC clients. But finally I didn't use other IRC clients that much. It was also as a joke because of Streetwalrus and Turiqwalrus nicks, because one night there were like 7 walrus nicks in #omnimaga (Hooloovoo still uses Hooloowalrus from time to time)

They'll start figuring out that something is up when we start using the signature banner, especially after Walrii the mascot stops standing in front of the dot in the logo .
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

I think people will have doubts about a new movement when they'll see we all have the same avatar. :P

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Make a gift where the walrus move off the dot.

Dream of Omnimaga

I am not a big fan of using animated signatures. Although I have Reuben being animated, he doesn't move around non-stop. I could make one for people who wants one, but I'm unsure if that will be very useful after the dot is unveiled

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Just for one day maybe? Does my signature annoy you?

Dream of Omnimaga

Nah, I just don't really want my own signature to be too animated. Others are fine if not too intrusive.

Yuki

Hehe, can't wait to see people wonder what is this codewalrus thing. Any bets on when and who's figuring it out first?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Most likely an Omni admin first :P. The only one who knows that a new site exists is Soru tho, unless he told others. Among users, only Happybobjr knows so far.

Keoni29

If eeems regularly checks access.log he must have seen links to codewalr.us. Since there are multiple users who have walrus in their name who were also involved in the petition he might suspect something.
If you like my work, why not give me an internet?

novenary

Did we even link to Omni anywhere here yet ? I know DJ keeps discouraging so idk if there are any links.

Keoni29

I accidentally when copying the herocore topic, but I removed them shortly after.
If you like my work, why not give me an internet?

Dream of Omnimaga

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I have not changed anything in my way of doing things nor linked here. I just copied the HBE message to Omnimaga to sum up my new motives for this project. Should I change my nick for Urist McEiyoLobster or for something like Eiyowalrus? :p