Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Post your desktop !

Started by novenary, June 22, 2015, 08:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

For some reasons I thought Juju would go with a MLP background :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

Completely reinstalled my Notebook.
Now there's Fedora (main OS) and Windows 7 (for Office, SolidWorks, Premiere, etc.)

Here's the Windows 7, that took all day long to install (due to UEFI and driver problems):
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 03, 2016, 09:04:16 PM
For some reasons I thought Juju would go with a MLP background :P
Used to, but eh, this time it's Miku.

Quote from: DarkestEx on October 15, 2016, 11:25:45 PM
that took all day long to install (due to UEFI and driver problems):
I know your feels.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DarkestEx

Updated the wallpaper. I had it for too long and need some change XD (for a few months on Linux).

• Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

p2

why's it that the sun is ALWAYS at the right half of such photos? ;D
btw hx for sticking to win7 and NOT using win8 or 10 :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

DarkestEx

Quote from: p2 on October 16, 2016, 09:57:29 PM
why's it that the sun is ALWAYS at the right half of such photos? ;D
btw hx for sticking to win7 and NOT using win8 or 10 :thumbsup:
The sun in the left half would look weird I think.

I used Fedora before. And before I used Windows 10. I am now going to dualboot my Notebook with Elementary OS and Windows 7 :D

Yuki

Good ol' laptop from 2005 (on which I added 2GB RAM) dualbooting good ol' XP and modern Arch Linux. Sway's still the best WM out there. Still have some issues with the wifi (it worked correctly in Knoppix!), but otherwise it works.

Wallpaper related. Yeah, it's real cold here in Canada.

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

novenary

I'm still happy with i3, sway lacks some features that make it unusable for me like mouse grabbing (how am I supposed to play games like that ;_;). Plus it's made by the man. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice desktop juju, but I assume that the transparent windows must make it hard to read text located on Miku's skin
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Not that bad. Key is setting up urxvt's background opacity just right.

Also fixed the wifi, somehow NetworkManager choked on the device's MAC address so I just gave it the ID (wlan0 or whatever it is) instead. And for those who use sway or i3, conky works real well with the bar, just set out_to_console=true, out_to_x=false in conky and pango_markup enabled in sway to use <span> and change text colors.

Overall, I don't really intend to game on that laptop, I'd just go in XP instead for that, but sway works real well for what I want to do and the specs it's running on.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Unicorn

I got a little tired of Mr. Dog so I searched "wallpapers" and found this one:

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

kotu

Thought this thread was asking for trouble.... so... here goes......

Ahahahahha Ahhahahahah Ahahahaa

Gotcha!
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

Lol I hope it's not too hard for you to access your programs and files :P

kotu

Well I have desktop icons turned off at the moment but when they are turned on there is rarely more than 5 or 6 icons on screen :D
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok. I remember when I used XP and stuck with the default wallpaper for like the entire time I had that computer except a brief period of time around 2007-08 when I started making music again. It turned out that having a different wallpaper caused epsxe emulator to lag more <_<