Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

The ID list is currently updated to the updated release once I have level loading you will be  able to MCEdit worlds kind of in the matrix editor
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Strontium on April 30, 2015, 04:57:54 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 29, 2015, 04:00:30 PM
As long as your parents don't block CodeWalrus in the filters or stuff like that. <_< Make sure to keep your grades up, though, in case.

Thats what proxies are for :P
Yeah and if you get caught using one I heard stories about people getting banned for life from the computer labs and worse. Although I would personally be tempted to do it if I absolutely wanted to access a website, I would rather first make sure that my grades are good before thinking about visiting gaming/social sites and then make sure to not get caught. Of course sometimes you have no choice if some schools/parents use abusive restrictive measures, but you do it at your own risk (and the risk of having even more restrictions afterward).
Quote from: alexgt on April 30, 2015, 04:27:46 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 30, 2015, 04:53:43 AM
Wow I hope light levels like this aren't too hard to implement. Good luck! Will the next update allow you to place blocks?
Once I get block breaking implemented it will (hopefully) be easy to make block placing but I would need and inventory and stuff before I release it so the next update will just have collision, breaking, and a map. I am working on breaking then I will be done and release it.
EDIT: The light levels will update when you break/place blocks and only in that area. I will use FILLPOLY() and it's alpha channels to do that so it really won't be super difficult I just will have to fugure out where to draw them and how dark they should be.

Thanks for the help and support :)
FILLPOLY can cause some slowdowns if you use many commands in one loop if I remember, so if you notice a major performance hit, then you might want to try with a second sprite layer instead to see if it's faster:

Or you could make the shading less accurate and use 32x32 blocks, checking every 2 tile, so that it's 4 times faster.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

That is why I would draw them onto the GROB when I start the program and thaI would just have to update a updated/ placed/ broken block that would help with the speed.

Once I get on my desktop I will post the download. I have a online school project so that will be a good excuse.

alexgt

It has certainly been a while since there has been an updated download for this so here is one :).

UPDATE:
- Added a player no texture yet and he is only seen on the left side of the map
- Added Pause Menu when Esc is pressed
- Added Map when View is pressed - Note: will be updated to only show parts you have explored

Future updates:
- Will add ability to break blocks then release it as a new version
- Place blocks then release
- Inventory, GUI blocks like a crafting table, furnace, ect.
- Fix leaves/ Player skin. Also Menus will work
- Save worlds

It runs a little fast on the emulator so trying on-calc is recommended but there isn't much to see yet.

Unicorn

Great! Could you add custom skins in the future?

EDIT: lol, there's a diamond at level 2 and iron ore in the middle of the sky :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh this got better now. :D I just tried it on the emulator. Is it normal that the character placeholder vanish when visiting the second half of the map, though? Also for some reasons, the tree leaves are gray instead of green.

Quote from: Unicorn on May 09, 2015, 02:44:04 AM

EDIT: lol, there's a diamond at level 2 and iron ore in the middle of the sky :P
I'm fairly sure that custom skins would be possible, but the author would probably need to ask people to submit them  to him so he manually adds them to the program. Unless there's a way to load external ICON data on the HP Prime?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's because I was outside the map bounds and the emulator wraps graphics around so I didn't notice. I tried it on calc now and WOAH! The smooth scrolling is amazing! O.O

It runs much smoother on the calc (scrolling 1 pixel at a time) than in the screenshot.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Make sure to make saplings passthrough-able.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

On a side note, how big is the map and how is it stored? It seemed like a big picture in the demo, but I was unsure.

Snektron

Whoa that screen looks amazing :D does the player flicker on the calc too though?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

It's not on-calc, but I slowed it down so that it runs at identical speed. The flicker is much less severe in the original screenshot, but it was over 2 MB large. Reducing the frame rate to 10 caused the flicker to get worse in the new screenshot.

This flicker can easily be eliminated. It's probably just a placeholder. By the way being able to mine using the touchscreen would definitively be nice, if you can manage to make it as realistic as the real Minecraft.

Unicorn

A terraria like mining sceme using the touchscreen? Check out terraria for IOS.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 10, 2015, 06:46:17 AM
It's not on-calc, but I slowed it down so that it runs at identical speed. The flicker is much less severe in the original screenshot, but it was over 2 MB large. Reducing the frame rate to 10 caused the flicker to get worse in the new screenshot.

This flicker can easily be eliminated. It's probably just a placeholder. By the way being able to mine using the touchscreen would definitively be nice, if you can manage to make it as realistic as the real Minecraft.

Ohh okay. When i have a big gif i usually just post a link to it :) Also mining with touch would be very cool :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

The iron is a test, and yes you will be able to have a custom skin and custom textures but I will be optimizing the texture so it will be as small as possible so if you want to make your own then you will follow a template and copy/paste the blocks on there then convert it to an ICON format.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 09, 2015, 03:04:21 AM
Ooh this got better now. :D I just tried it on the emulator. Is it normal that the character placeholder vanish when visiting the second half of the map, though? Also for some reasons, the tree leaves are gray instead of green.
The player vanishing is known I just didn't fix it yet :P. The tree leaves are gray because in Minecraft it replaces the gray with different shades of green depending on the biome and that is another thing that is on the to do list.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 09, 2015, 03:04:21 AM

I'm fairly sure that custom skins would be possible, but the author would probably need to ask people to submit them  to him so he manually adds them to the program. Unless there's a way to load external ICON data on the HP Prime?
I have all the ICON data at the very start of the program so what I do to delete long lengths of code (on-calc) is select it all then cut it then copy the ICON data from a converter to that spot rename it to the original name and poof you got a custom texture/skin. I am not shure if there is a way to load it externally but if there is I will make it happen :). Also thanks for the screenie DJ I just didn't have any time :-\

Quote from: Unicorn on May 09, 2015, 03:26:30 AM
Make sure to make saplings passthrough-able.
Yup I can do that I will just have to implement a check to see if I should draw a sapling or air.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 09, 2015, 04:45:21 AM
On a side note, how big is the map and how is it stored? It seemed like a big picture in the demo, but I was unsure.
I store the data in a matrix that I generate and then store the visual data to two GROBs then I take it and display it. The reason that the smooth scrolling is so smooth is because I pre-draw the GROBs that what the last and longest progress bar is for, now all I have to do is display the GROB 16 time in different places. I will try to make a 320x240 GROB that displays the world so I can have the hotbar not flicker like the player.

Sorry for the extended post but there is more :P

!!!UPDATE!!!:
- Made block breaking a thing  :w00t:! you destroy them instantly (I am working on that) but you can break blocks with the touch screen! Placing will be happening soon, how does a button like toolbox sound for switching between placing/breaking or using a crafting table sound? Still no screenshot right now because I have a major school project I have to work on today that is due at the end of the week.
- Added but did not test a delay in the PRGM so the emulator and calc should run the same speed

Thank you soo much for the help, suggestions, and support :)

Also happy mother's day to any moms out there :)

Dream of Omnimaga

OOh great to see block destroying :D. And yeah it would be nice to have something allowing us to switch between breaking and placing stuff.

As for tree colors, thanks for explaining. :)