Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH4

Well it depends, how big was the program before the image?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

alexgt

less than a KB (it just displays the picture)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

CKH4

I'd say that it's not worth it but its really up to you. I'm sure that the community would appreciate the graphics regardless of the size. Maybe you could do one of each with just the block drawing different.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on April 20, 2015, 09:34:27 PM
Yup I can do that by changing two values :) - I put on list...

Also what I said before about the texture pack might not work out because I made a program that had that image and displayed it and it was over 350 KB in size so unless that is OK it might get a little large.
I am fine with it. The new connectivity kit transfers large programs very fast now. Did you convert it to ICON format? Because it's much smaller than regular GROB format. In any case, I am fine regardless. Just remove unused graphics I guess. Or you can try to reduce details. I think ICON format uses PNG format so a plain 320x240 rectangle would take much less space than a 320x240 tileset where every pixel has a different color than the ones next to it.

Another idea could be to make the game 160x120 by using 8x8 tiles, a 160x120 GROB where you draw your stuff then when it's time to display the result on the LCD you use something like BLIT_P(G0,0,0,320,240,G1,0,0,160,120).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 20, 2015, 10:36:49 PM
Another idea could be to make the game 160x120 by using 8x8 tiles, a 160x120 GROB where you draw your stuff then when it's time to display the result on the LCD you use something like BLIT_P(G0,0,0,320,240,G1,0,0,160,120).
I think I will use that method :) because I can copy them from individual spots on the format and textures would be supported and less work for me!

Also I am thinking about increasing it up to 32x32 because when I implement mining you will have to be able to put your finger on the block and hold it there and you might misclick and destroy your base :( also it will seem like the world is bigger because it will take longer to cross it (I struggleed with making it a big as it is 200x50 because of limitations on matrices).

Thanks you very much for the help and support a new update will (hopefully) be tomorrow :) !

Dream of Omnimaga

Also in 160x120 mode the game will look more blocky and be closer to Minecraft style. :P By 32x32 do you mean the textures? Also not for now but once you get this done, maybe you could add the ability to zoom in/out? (not the map rendering but rather the final GROB where you paste the stuff in)

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

I think I will stick with 16x16 because I like the zoom in/out that you suggested! Once I have the textures drawn I can scale them up/down for the zoom effect thanks for the suggestion :)
__________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE 0.2! :
-Smooth scrolling @Duke "Tape" Eiyeron !
-Textures @CKH4 and @DJ Omnimaga !
-Trees 50% complete changed to saplings and will add full grown trees !
-Pause menu WIP 30% complete !
-Added iron !
-Added Diamonds !
-Added Coal !
-Added Emeralds !
-Added Gold !
-Added saplings !
-Fixed sky color change !

Thanks For the help and support :) :) !

CKH4

Dream of Omnimaga

I just tried it and it looks really cool :D

Judging by the speed, I wonder if you would be able to implement fog of war based on where you are, so that you cannot see what's underground or inside a cavern unless your character is positioned in front of the entrance or at least use RECT_P to hide what's below you if it's over 4 blocks thick?

alexgt

I plan to do fog with alpha :). Also it is ok I have it figured out how to record my prime now just uploading and downloading takes a while because of slow internet so you don't need to post them but help is always nice :).

GIF:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Here is a version for the emulator that runs slower ;)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 21, 2015, 11:14:04 PM

I just tried it and it looks really cool :D
Thanks!

CKH4

Thanks for the gif, how do I transfer the hpprgm to the emulator? HP is confusing for me coming from TI.

alexgt

You need the connectivity kit then if you open it up and you have the emulator up you will see "HP Prime". Next drag down the menu and drag and drop the program to your program folder and it should appear in the program menu on the emulator :).

CKH4

Thanks, I'll see if I can learn from it.

alexgt

Dream of Omnimaga

To record the Prime I actually use Camstudio + VirtualDub. VirtualDub is used to ensure the frame rate isn't too high, so that file size remains small, and then I export to GIF using it.

Also nice. :D I wonder if water and lava would be possible?