Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

AdventureWalrus! [CSE] [xlibC]

Started by Unicorn, April 04, 2015, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok so according to IRC it seems fixed now, right? I tend to be confused at xLIBC syntax because there are so many arguments >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Yup, all fixed, and now time to move on to printing the coin. I think it shouldn't be too hard to do now. :D
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Also here is a properly converted Walrii:

The one to the left is the one you got, which seems to have been created from a 128x65 pic or something so it got resized.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Yeah, it had to be resized to work. and the white behind the wings is a cloud ;)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

But why resizing it when it's already 24x24? ???

Unicorn

I used the .gif, which is 24x25.

Anyways, I think I'm pretty set, but, I still am having problems displaying the sprites, I can't seem to get the hang of pic indexing. I'll probably be able to understand better tomorrow when my brain is freshened up. ;)
Once I understand that, I should be able to finish this up fairly quickly.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

You should use Nearest neighbor scaling instead of linear when resizing pixel art btw :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Unicorn on June 05, 2015, 10:09:25 PM
I used the .gif, which is 24x25.

Anyways, I think I'm pretty set, but, I still am having problems displaying the sprites, I can't seem to get the hang of pic indexing. I'll probably be able to understand better tomorrow when my brain is freshened up. ;)
Once I understand that, I should be able to finish this up fairly quickly.
Didn't you get it fixed? Also remember the UpdateLCD argument: If it's set to zero, xLIBC will update the other half of the LCD and if it's set to 1, then xLIB will update it *and* switch view to the other half of the LCD. That's if you don't use that real(8,1 command, though. Basically, make sure that only the very last thing to be drawn on the screen has UpdateLCD set to 1. Everything else should be 0.

Unicorn

Yeah, thats now fixed. So, time to set up the coin and get an idea for the player sprite. Any suggestions?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

You could use just a mouse cursor? If 8x8 that would increase speed.

Unicorn

Oo I like that. A purple mouse cursor. Yeah, I'll do that. SoI need to draw that sprite and then we have a player!  Also, how should the amount of money you make be displayed? Numbers on te side of the screen?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Unicorn

I guess a bump.

So, I got sprite erasing down, there's just a little flickering, and the rectangles I used to erase aren't tall enough. Easy enough to fix! Except the flickering, how would that be fixed? Any help there? Would I have to switch sides of the screen or something?

I haven't gotten around to drawing the player, so that's gonna happening tomorrow. If you don't' know yet, the player will be a purple mouse cursor. ;)

Anyways, screenshot!

EDIT: So I got rid of all the display issues with the sprites except for the flickering. But, I was thinking, it kind of gives the illusion of flying/flapping.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on June 06, 2015, 11:41:57 PM
EDIT: So I got rid of all the display issues with the sprites except for the flickering. But, I was thinking, it kind of gives the illusion of flying/flapping.
Yeah it kind of does look as if they are flapping, itf you could control the flickering somehow it could be more convincing?!
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Snektron

Yeah it looks a small bit weird, though that ould be the emulator. I like the art though :)