Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemons

Quote from: kotu on August 24, 2017, 07:08:43 AM
Quote from: Jemons on August 21, 2017, 12:57:39 AM
This has been read approx. 100000 times
Yes - because you misspelt 'Lemons'

8)

*edit*
we hope you enjoy your stay  :D
It was supposed to be a play on my name Joshua and the word Lemons. What had happened is I had misspelt my name somewhere and autocorrect changed it to Jemons for whatever reason...  ;D ;D
  • Calculators owned: TI-92, TI-82, PS-3960i, PS-6700, HP 48G+, TI-30X IIS, SHARP ELSI MATE EL-1611, SHARP ELSI MATE EL-310M, CASIO FX-300MS, Valentina the Bear...Wait,
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: iPhone 3GS (Broken), iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5Sx2, iPhone 6, iPhone 6S, SNES, NES Classic Edition, PS3, New 2DS XL, New 3DS XL, New 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, DSx2, DS Litex4, DSix4, DSi XL, PSPx3, PSVita, Xbox 360x2, Wii U, Wii, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocketx2, Gameboy Colourx2, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SPx2, Gameboy Micro, Nexus 7 (Broken), iPod Nano (4th, 5th, 6th and 7th generation), iPod Touch (1st and 4th generation), iPod Video (Broken), iPod Shuffle (2nd and 4thx2 generation),
Why are you reading this? Ohhh, right... This is my signature.

Sent from my iPhone

kotu

Lemon-J would be a good dj name  8)

*edit*
oh balls the rappers have nicked it
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

SuperSteve729

Hi I am Steve and while I don't know how to code on calculators, I am learning GML (Gamemaker Language) and maybe soon I will try learning the programming language for calculator games.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 Plus CE

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and welcome here. I got Gamemaker's pro version for $2 on Humble Bundle a while ago but I mostly used RPG Maker 2003 so far. Feel free to share your projects with us if any :)

:3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: SuperSteve729 on September 03, 2017, 12:17:21 PM
Hi I am Steve and while I don't know how to code on calculators, I am learning GML (Gamemaker Language) and maybe soon I will try learning the programming language for calculator games.

That's pretty cool! I used GML once, for about 5 minutes, before I had chores to do  :banghead:
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

TheLastMillennial

Quote from: SuperSteve729 on September 03, 2017, 12:17:21 PM
Hey, I am assuming you have some type of TI 83/84 calculator. I highly suggest learning to program your calculator, it's not that hard to start off (I made an entire game just from being self-taught) and if you enjoy it you can make some really cool programs! A great resource that helps you get started off is the TI-Basic Starter Kit. Also a great reference is the Command Index which I still use all the time!  ;)
  • Calculators owned: HP Prime G2, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-34, Boring Sharp calculator

Thank you for your time, go make a paradox, have a good day.

mazhat

Hello, Steve!
There is many different languages for the TI-83 series of calculator (which I'll assume you have).
There's TI Basic, AXE, and assembly (The more known ones.)
I recommend AXE as it is as easy to learn as TI Basic but with almost as much power as Assembly.

Have fun!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83Plus, TI-84Plus
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung TAB A (Cheap), DSI, Rasperry PI 3
Sketti

kotu

hi steve

one of the prerequisites of being on this site is signing up to 4 out of 5 of my mailing lists

http://futurerave.uk/contact.php

have fun!  :thumbsup:
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: kotu on September 03, 2017, 05:31:57 PM
hi steve

one of the prerequisites of being on this site is signing up to 4 out of 5 of my mailing lists

http://futurerave.uk/contact.php

have fun!  :thumbsup:

It is not a prerequisite.

Evolution of my avatar:

p2

hey there Steve,
Since you're new to this topic:
BASIC is, as the name says, a very basic language, It's super easy to use but can't do that much things and is rather slow - but enough for BASIC games  ;)
Axe is something special some genius came up with. it's basically basic, but with all kinds of new commands (maybe twice as many) and you have to learn a little more about how the hardware works to fully understand it. But it's incredibly fast and can do almost anything! It's special since you will have the App AXE on your calc, that will compile (translate) ur axe code to ASM, making it super fast.
ASM is like 0980F0A375BB8DA1 and weird stuff liek that (hexadecimal code)... noone except the ASM guys understand it, aaaand it's different for every CPU (so ur pc, ur calc, ur second calc, ur smartphone... ASM is different on each of them...) It's suuuper hard to learn, but it's soooo fast x.x

if you already know the VERY basics (loop, if, else, ...) then start with Axe and you will have a lot of fun  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

_iPhoenix_

I think BASIC then AXE, to let him get accustomed to programming on-calc, first.

Evolution of my avatar:

c4ooo

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on September 03, 2017, 09:32:45 PM
I think BASIC then AXE, to let him get accustomed to programming on-calc, first.
I think one of the Upsides of Axe is that you can easily program in Axe with a ti-basic mindset. And when you get more experience with the calc, you can start switching to a C/asm mindset, using things like direct memory access(*ahem ahem ICE*) and inline asm for better optimization.

Dream of Omnimaga

If you ever get a TI-84+CE then you can use ICE, which is similar to Axe.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

Quote from: p2 on September 03, 2017, 08:38:01 PM
.....ASM is like 0980F0A375BB8DA1 and weird stuff liek that (hexadecimal code)...

Actually that would be called machine code

ASM is more like
mov ex, ax

Stuff like that

c4ooo

Quote from: kotu on September 08, 2017, 04:13:24 AM
Quote from: p2 on September 03, 2017, 08:38:01 PM
.....ASM is like 0980F0A375BB8DA1 and weird stuff liek that (hexadecimal code)...

Actually that would be called machine code

ASM is more like
mov ex, ax

Stuff like that
ASM is machine code