Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

At first I misread 2015 as 2005 lol. Anyway welcome to CodeWalrus. I hope you enjoy your stay :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

Hey @Pieman7373, welcome to the site! :D
first, have a walrus: :walrii:

Can you maybe tell us a little about yourself, for example how experienced you are at programming? Or what languages you use // calcs you own? :)
Also where are you from? (what country) ^^ we have members from all around the wold, maybe even some close to you? :)

If you have any questions or need help (it doesnt even have to be calculator-related at all) feel free to ask anytime :)

enjoy your stay  :thumbsup:

*You dont HAVE TO answer any personal questions, it's just nice to get to know new members ^^ So i you dont want to, that's really no problem :)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Pieman7373

Quote from: p2 on January 04, 2017, 10:51:34 PM
Hey @Pieman7373, welcome to the site! :D
first, have a walrus: :walrii:

Can you maybe tell us a little about yourself, for example how experienced you are at programming? Or what languages you use // calcs you own? :)
Also where are you from? (what country) ^^ we have members from all around the wold, maybe even some close to you? :)

If you have any questions or need help (it doesnt even have to be calculator-related at all) feel free to ask anytime :)

enjoy your stay  :thumbsup:

*You dont HAVE TO answer any personal questions, it's just nice to get to know new members ^^ So i you dont want to, that's really no problem :)

I am  18 years old, I am only (slightly) proficient in TI-Basic, but i am trying to maybe learn C... My main language is english, but i can read and write russian, and (mostly) read and write Korean. I have a TI-84+SE, a TI-84+CSE, and a TI-84+CE. I live in the US (Lake Stevens, Washington). I also play the cello, and i enjoy making things (particularly out of Legos) and i also dabble in circuitry and electronics! :w00t: :walrii:  ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-80, TI-81, TI-82,TI-83+, TI-84+SE, TI-84 Pocket SE, TI-84+CSE, TI-84+CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-92, TI-92 plus
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Atari 2600, Sega Genesis (model 2), Sega Game Gear, Playstation 2

p2

wow nice, you might be the first one on the site that speaks korean...   :thumbsup:
do you have friends or family there, or how comes you learned such an uncommon language?
I doubt they teach it in english schools xD

For electronics there should be a couple of interesting projects on the site ;)
Or maybe share one of yours? ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

Raiseit

Hey
I'm Raiseit
I've known this forum thanks to TI-Planet. I like to play video games, and programming.
I'm french so don't pay attention to my mistakes.
I hope I'll have a great time on this forum
  • Calculators owned: TI-83 Premium CE
Raiseit
Ther is 10 type of people: the ones that understand binary and the others

xMarminq_

• Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

p2

Welcome to the forum @Raiseit :)

How old are you if I may ask and what programming languages do you prefer? :)

Dont worry about your language, most of the staff guys speak english fluently (me not lol) and many regular members do, too :)
Sure you should use english in Posts, but at least in IRCs you could switch fo French in necessary ;)

Have a walrus:
:walrii:

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and welcome here Raiseit. :) I hope you enjoy your stay. Also don't worry about English mistakes, most CodeWalrus members don't speak English as native language. There are even times when people speak Dutch or German inside the shoutbox so people could speak French too if they wanted (we usually switch back to English when English-speaking users come). :) (Basically, the allowed IRC languages are English, French, German, Dutch and Hebrew)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Sorunome

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 25, 2017, 05:57:13 PM
[...] (Basically, the allowed IRC languages are English, French, German, Dutch and Hebrew)
No javascript or python? D:
  • Calculators owned: Too many (why are you even reading this?)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Gamebuino!
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

kevin1d

Heey everyone!

Sooo I am a Civil Engineering student and just bought the TI-Nspire CX CAS.
I am currently studying mathematics and civil engineering (construction).
In my spare time I try to solve equations and I phylosophate with a group (every thursday).
I am also really interested in Astrophysica, Quantum mechanics and economics.

Currently I am not familiar with programming. A lot of my friends do program but I just like to look ^^

So I am really busy with everything at the same time actually, but it works out fine :)

Greetins Kevin
Just trying to understand

p2

Welcome to the site @kevin1d :D
astrophysics, baah, totally not my stuff  :ninja:
But we got some other physists (is that the right word?) around ;)

Also the nSphire CX CA is really a nice one (I got the same one even tho I mostly use my monochrome ones).
You should give nDoom a try, it works pretty good with the trackpad ;)
But just so you know in advance: It's pretty much normal the TI Connect software only works 50% of the time, dont panic ;)

are you also into programming or interested in it? :)

Have a Walrus

Sorunome

Hi there, welcome to codewalrus!

Physics can be fun!

Anyhow, be sure to enjoy your stay ^.^

Edit by p2: fixed the emoji
  • Calculators owned: Too many (why are you even reading this?)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Gamebuino!
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

kevin1d

Quote from: p2 on January 31, 2017, 10:56:39 AM
Welcome to the site @kevin1d :D
astrophysics, baah, totally not my stuff  :ninja:
But we got some other physists (is that the right word?) around ;)

Also the nSphire CX CA is really a nice one (I got the same one even tho I mostly use my monochrome ones).
You should give nDoom a try, it works pretty good with the trackpad ;)
But just so you know in advance: It's pretty much normal the TI Connect software only works 50% of the time, dont panic ;)

are you also into programming or interested in it? :)

Have a Walrus

Well I am interested in programming but I never put enough time in it to last. So now I am more willing to learn it again.
I'm going to download nDoom right now and yeaa I knew the software wouldn't always work. ;)

I used to have a TI-84 Plus but it's broken -.-

But I also guessed this is a forum where I can just have a chat on different topics then the weather and so. ;)

p2

yeah, we're focused on calc development, but also have big sections for retro gaming in general, general programming and music+drawing ^^
But nuuuu your poor calc :'(
The 83+//84+ family happens to be the most famous one, many favorize it for obvious reasons ^^
Even now the CE version is out (color screen version) many continue using it :) (take a look at Reuben Quest 3)
if you want to start programming, the 83+//84 is actually on of the best platforms to begin with ;)
it's pretty simple and there's support for beginners EVERYWHERE on the site as most of us worked with it ^^
I sadly cant tell you too much about programming on the CX CAS, but I believe Lua Language is used for that model :)

kevin1d

Hmmm okay, I'm also going to look at the other topics ofcourse.
Plus even though I don't know so much of it I like to read about it so :)

Yea I actually don't really know what happend to it, but I have it at home and still need to open it and try to fix it. Just a little project :)
But I worke with the 84+ a lot and it worked really fine, but I think I can get more out of the Nspire CX CAS.
I'm going to try and fix the 84+ fast so I can start my programming again ^^

And what do you do exactly p2 ?
Studying, working or is this a hobby?