Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameblabla

Quote from: lazydogP on October 09, 2016, 08:59:37 AM
Yes. I'm Chinese. And I think it doesn't matter which country one comes from in CodeWalrus.
I won the loterry. It was never an issue though, just curious.
And i do not speak in the name of Codewalrus.

QuoteSo just wait and see what will happen next.
???
What will happen ?

QuoteBut wait, shouldn't we talk about something useful rather than the sensitive topic?
Ok, let's talk about gay c instead.

QuoteAs for 'EditMySong', it's a project I almost give up I haven't got enough time to make it due to lots of messy things.
I'm sad to see you gave up on it because i have seen dozens of abandonned projects as far Vocaloid go.

Welcome on Codewalrus.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

aetios

Welcome to CodeWalrus, @lazydogP! If you have any questions feel free to hit me or any of the admins up. Enjoy your stay!

Quote from: gameblabla on October 09, 2016, 10:26:38 AM
[...]
Ok, let's talk about gay c instead.

[...]

psh, take the trolling elsewhere.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Yes. I'm Chinese. And I think it doesn't matter which country one comes from in CodeWalrus.
But...
Quote from: gameblabla on October 09, 2016, 05:16:05 AM

if (tibet == BELONGS_TO_TIBET)
{
free(tibet);
}

Okay I have heard about arguments in PicoDrive. In my opinion, it's a complex problem and it can't be judged by individuals. So just wait and see what will happen next.
But wait, shouldn't we talk about something useful rather than the sensitive topic?

Oh I'm a Vocaloid fan too, though I use UTAU more in recent time. Also Vocaloid has Spanish voicebanks now and before this it was also active in Spanish group.
As for 'EditMySong', it's a project I almost give up I haven't got enough time to make it due to lots of messy things.
Yeah I agree that sensitive topics should be discussed in a separate topic. We have a forum section for that anyway.

However, there is a long story behind gameblabla's Tibet-related comments. This all started when he released his TI-Nspire SNES emulator last year, which contained the "free tibet" string of text below the main menu. Members from Cncalc.org became pissed at him and TI-Planet and sent a cease and desist letter to force TI-Planet to take PicoDrive offline because it offended them. This resulted into public outcry on TI-Planet because Cncalc members were basically telling critor/lionel/adriweb how to run TI-Planet and one of them posted a rant on Cncalc in response to that.

https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17177&p=193431
http://www.cncalc.org/thread-11899-1-1.html

So the Tibet-related trolling from gameblabla is pretty much in retaliation to Cncalc's massive overeaction. Not that we really like it, though, since it's considered trolling in this case, but I can understand where he's coming from due to the Cncalc incident.

As for UTAU I never heard of it. I should check it out.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

I do agree. Just a curiosity, although it's useful to know because of timezones.

Oh I'm a Vocaloid fan too, though I use UTAU more in recent time. Also Vocaloid has Spanish voicebanks now and before this it was also active in Spanish group.
I haven't looked at UTAU, but for those who don't know, it's like Vocaloid, but it's free and you can easily make your own voices, looks pretty interesting. I also looked into Alter/Ego, which have, as far as I know, the only French voicebanks. Kinda easier than trying to make Vocaloid speak French with an English or Japanese voicebank.

And yeah, sensitive, off-topic matters such as whether Tibet should be freed can easily be made into a new, separate topic. Would also help keeping this thread on-topic, too.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

lazydogP

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 09, 2016, 04:44:53 PM
This all started when he released his TI-Nspire SNES emulator last year
Actualky it's PicoDrive. SNES emulator is newer and it doesn't affect.
By the way, emulators ported by gameblabla are really awesome. Big thanks to @gameblabla !

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 09, 2016, 04:44:53 PM
This resulted into public outcry on TI-Planet because Cncalc members were basically telling critor/lionel/adriweb how to run TI-Planet and one of them posted a rant on Cncalc in response to that.
We felt sorry for the improper actions and those who made situation worse had undertaken punishments they deserved. After all, we should respect other's differences.
Anyway, I hope both sides could cease fire and turn to a new page for the harmony of the community.

Quote from: Juju on October 10, 2016, 12:46:42 AM
I haven't looked at UTAU, but for those who don't know, it's like Vocaloid, but it's free and you can easily make your own voices, looks pretty interesting.
Free to use and free to show off. But yeah, it takes much more effort to have better performance. So lots of audios sound as Ylvis says, 'I can't understand what you say!'
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS(used most often), Casio fx-9860GII SD, TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad, Casio fx-991CN X, Casio fx-82MS, HP 39GS(rarely used)
Need to buy more calculators.
Busy with study but trying to come here every day.

Dream of Omnimaga

yeah I checked again and realized it was Picodrive. My bad. Which reminds me, I need to give it a try again at some point to see if it now works on my calc. Critor had issues running it as well.

As for the Cncalc incident my main worry was that I hoped it would not end the affiliation with TI-Planet like what happened with Omnimaga and Cemetech in 2014. It seems like both parties (Cncalc and TI-Planet) are fine again, though. It's just a matter of different cultures and opinions. On a side note I sometimes visit CnCalc, but the issue is that I don't speak Chinese so I have to use Bing or Google Translate. D: Anyway I hope you enjoy your stay on CodeWalrus :walrii:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

But wait, shouldn't we talk about something useful rather than the sensitive topic?
First day on CodeW, already fighting against off-topics ^^ nice  :thumbsup:

Quote from: lazydogP on October 10, 2016, 01:58:25 AM
After all, we should respect other's differences.
Let's just say "other people's opinions" cuz like that it sounds like if they're retarded or disabled or something O.o

Anyways, welcome to CodeWalrus! :D I hope you like it here and stay :)
A few little things you shoul keep in mind:
- dont feed the trolls (except with cookies)
- walruses are awesome and our religion is built around them so never(!) insult a walrus ^^ <3
- dont even try to post as much as Dj Omnimaga... <_< You won't make it, noone does.
- ask the community whenever you need help (and it's no problem when you sound stupid asking for the most basic stuff, I do so, too) ^^
- have fun ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: p2 on October 10, 2016, 07:40:32 AM
- dont feed the trolls (except with cookies)
- walruses are awesome and our religion is built around them so never(!) insult a walrus ^^ <3

Gameblabla feeds trolls with walruses and vice-versa O.O

p2

walruses feed trolls with gameblabla...?  :ninja:
dat taste...
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

lazydogP

Thanks, p2! Your suggestions are good. And so does aeTIos's advise. (Forgot to reply, sorry)

Quote from: p2 on October 10, 2016, 07:40:32 AM
- dont even try to post as much as Dj Omnimaga... <_< You won't make it, no one does.
I've replied 4 times in this post in two (or three) days. :blah:
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS(used most often), Casio fx-9860GII SD, TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad, Casio fx-991CN X, Casio fx-82MS, HP 39GS(rarely used)
Need to buy more calculators.
Busy with study but trying to come here every day.

p2

I really cant remember the last time DJ did <100 posts per week... <_< not even sure if that ever happened lol
@DJ Omnimaga is there some statistic for that somewhere? Weekly posts per person through the entire year? ^^

Dream of Omnimaga

Probably a few times during some Summers and last September :P

There is a plugin to check monthly member post stats, but it's SMF 1.1-only. :(

Also Soru posted 800 times in a month in 2012 once O.O

p2

did he actually beat you at posting in the entire mont's statistic?  O.O

Dream of Omnimaga

Yes, because since I stepped down from omni in 2011, I never went past 800 again (I think?)

princetonlion.tibd

Oh hey, another Chinese member :D

Now there's what, three Chinese members? I remember another one signed up a while back.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire