Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aetios

Hia Albert, nice to see ya here :) We're not just focused on calculator dev, so you gotta show us some of your projects one time :D
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Hiya albert and welcome here. :D and aeTIos poke juju to work a bit on Supersonic Ball PC/Android :P

Quote from: aeTIos on January 12, 2015, 03:59:12 PM
You can eat walriis now?
No :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

JamesV

Hello all! I've been dabbling in the TI calc community since 1998, primarily with the TI-83/84 series, although I did spend some time on the TI-86 as well. I was very on-and-off from late 2002 up until early 2012, but since then I've been coding more often again and staying in touch. I live in Melbourne, Australia.

My two most recent projects are Alien Breed 5 (currently working on v2.0, project topics can be found on Cemetech & Omnimaga) for the TI-83+/84+ monochrome calculators, and Spaze Invaders for the TI-84+CSE (available here on ticalc.org), a port of Hannes Edfeldt's version for the TI-83.

Aside from calculator related activities, you'll often find me jumping out of airplanes or creating lots of noise on my drum kit. If you're into heavy rock / post-hardcore type music, you can check out my band Belle Haven, we have our debut album coming out this year :) The video clip from the first single is on Youtube (search for "belle haven hunt for health").

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya, nice to see you around. :D I always liked your projects, past and present included, and was glad when you returned in 2012. Did you ever meet tr1p1ea in person before, by the way? I forgot.

Also I need to give Alien Breed 5 a try ASAP. For some reasons I didn't play many monochrome games lately. Feel free to post some updates here too if you feel like it by the way :)

And yep I know Belle Haven. I still wish you had the money and support to do a world tour and play in some small venues including over here. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

JamesV

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 14, 2015, 11:20:42 PM
Heya, nice to see you around. :D I always liked your projects, past and present included, and was glad when you returned in 2012. Did you ever meet tr1p1ea in person before, by the way? I forgot.

Also I need to give Alien Breed 5 a try ASAP. For some reasons I didn't play many monochrome games lately. Feel free to post some updates here too if you feel like it by the way :)

And yep I know Belle Haven. I still wish you had the money and support to do a world tour and play in some small venues including over here. :)
I haven't met tr1p1ea in person as of yet, although I'm sure we'll get around to it one day. We only live just over an hour's drive from each other :P

I'll have a beta release of AB5 out shortly, so yeah sure if you've got time to play around with it that would be awesome!

We recently signed a record deal in Canada, so the record will be released there and potentially we might look to do a trip to Canada in 2016 depending on how well the record sells, so fingers crossed!

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah that would be nice. Hopefully local stores have the album, although like with Rhapsody of Fire I am betting it will be more expensive due to import charges. Archambault will most likely have it, but most HMV stuff is backordered now so you have to ask a clerk since the store is always out of stock on everything not mainstream.

Just make sure that you won't skip Quebec City nor play in the middle of nowhere, lol. Dragonforce skipped us twice in a row now and only played in Montreal D: . Not sure if such show would gather an intense crowd since people would be new to it but it would definitively be a good discovery for those who listen to that type of metal :)

AssemblyBandit

Hello everyone! I go by AssemblyBandit and I (occasionally) make games for the TI-84+CSE. I've been dead for a while so check the spoilers for what I've been up to. I program in ASM, C, Java, C#, and a little VB, VC++.

[spoiler]
I got my room set up! There's still a little work left to do, but it can wait.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
I made this game (demo) in December during a game jam, check it out and let me know what you think!

http://www.indiedb.com/members/assemblybandit/downloads/enemy
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
I made an app/board to control a stoplight for my boss.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Here's a mockup of Code Zombie. I don't have a demo ready yet, only the basic routines with the background scrolling is finished. Currently its 8 pages long, it doesn't display correctly on WabbitEmu, and I'm working on the sprite animations right now. I'm trying to make it into a survival game where you have to keep track of food and stuff and fight zombies while collecting items. Hopefully this game will be awesome.

[/spoiler]

PS: I can't pm yet so send messages to Omnimaga!

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and nice to see you in the TI community again. (although we aren't just a TI website :P) Those projects seems pretty nice and I am curious about what you have in store for us with the 84+CSE. There's a new calc coming out which is about twice faster than the CSE and it's called the TI-84 Plus CE. It uses an ez80 processor but it's supposed to be compatible. :)

As for that traffic light app at first I was scared it was to control street lights via some hacking. I was gonna say "Bad assemblybandit :P". Seems pretty nifty, though :)

Nice computer case as well :D

Also yeah sending PMs requires 5 posts. Sorry about that.

AssemblyBandit

Hey DJ! I'm definitely interested in the new calc, I just hope TI put a lot of thought into it. Hey Keoni!

Dream of Omnimaga

So far, it seems like they listened to the many complains about slow typing and screen refreshes. It is not perfect, but at least screen refreshes much faster from the videos now. It's also still Z80 compatible and it still supports ASM. Also it has 150 KB of user RAM so it will help a lot.

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

• Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Awww yissss
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
(Flashy image)
EDIT: 100th post :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

• Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Maybe that pic needs some resizing to reduce risks :P