Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH4

For me it only works on desktop when nothing is preceding or following it. I'll try it on mobile though just in case. @Unicorn @Cumred_Snektron

Edit. Nope mobile doesn't work.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: utz on July 02, 2015, 10:17:26 PM
@Duke "Tape" Eiyeron: Sorry to disappoint you... but I know literally nothing about building hardware. I think keonie29 is the man you want to talk to, he built a sound thingy for the 84+ a while back.

@Unicorn: Yeah, probably it'll get overlooked here... on the other hand, as I mentioned I don't have a CE and don't plan on getting one, so I don't really have any good reasons to follow up on the idea. I'm just throwing this out here in case maybe someone else wants to pick it up.

Edit: Ah, so @ddressing users does work around here! Not sure how I messed it up before.
Yeah it was implemented a few months ago. Omnimaga added it a while later as well. It can be handy, although it's buggy, as witnessed by some members above (in my case it always works except when using Quick Edit, and when using Reply on mobile, sometimes the drop down won't appear, although mentions will still get parsed after hitting submit.

It might be a permission problem, though (IIRC at first I was debating between only allowing staff to use it or all members above 20 posts, then decided to do the latter, but didn't bother checking permissions)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Unicorn

Yeah,being on mobile might be the problem for me, and the fact that I use Quick Reply.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

utz

Nah @Unicorn: @DJ Omnimaga: @CKH4: @Cumred_Snektron: I think the trick is to put a colon (":") after the username ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+, TI-85, TI-86, TI-92+, Sharp PC-1403

alexgt

@utz: it doesn't work for me still :(
Quote from: Unicorn on July 03, 2015, 02:22:54 AM
Yeah,being on mobile might be the problem for me, and the fact that I use Quick Reply.
I always use PC tho :-\
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

CKH4

@utz: that would be a neat trick. It probably doesn't work but here goes nothing.

Darn. Dj is it possible that you set the permissions to admin and users under 20 posts instead of over? (I bet that this isn't it and that the mods just buggy but hopefully)

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

That might be the problem, but I think its just buggy.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Did you manage to get it to work Unicorn, now that permissions are fixed?

CKH4

Well lets see, @DJ Omnimaga it is fixed even on mobile with quick reply it seems.

Edit.  :w00t: thank you.

chelsey-dagger

Hi, brand new here obviously. I'm here thanks to my brother's recommendation. I don't really program calculators (yet?) but I'm a developer, so that has to count for something, right? Ha.

CKH4

Oh, cool. Is your brother a member here or just random like hey this looks like a good site? Also what languages/tools do you use to develop?

chelsey-dagger

Quote from: CKH4 on July 07, 2015, 07:37:39 PM
Oh, cool. Is your brother a member here or just random like hey this looks like a good site? Also what languages/tools do you use to develop?

My brother is Alexgt - so he's not just random!

I'm a front-end web developer. I'm going in the boring direction of management though. I figure if a company needs managers, they might as well have actually geeky ones for the geeks and developers.

CKH4

Oh cool, if you have any cool samples on codepen or something I'd love to see them.

Dream of Omnimaga