Dear visitors and members, with the staff having moved on to other life interests and as a result of changes in people's internet usage habits, the CodeWalrus community have migrated almost entirely to Discord, IRC and WalrusIRC and is now essentially a place where to hang out, chat about gaming, programming, music, anime, and chill. As a result, even though the CW forums will remain open for posting, for faster TI, Casio or HP calculator help and news we recommend using the bilingual TI-Planet forums instead.

We encourage everyone to join our Discord server now.

* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: N.E.U.P.L.  (Read 148 times)

Offline _iPhoenix_

• Super User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +12/-1
  • █████ ▼ ♪ Best music ♫
    • @dj_iPhoenix
    • @UCytgMNPxAMDsxjimvxHf01w
    • @the-legend-of-iphoenix
N.E.U.P.L.
« on: February 06, 2018, 01:35:13 am »

N.E.U.P.L.: New Experiments in Uninteresting Programming Language(s).

Interpreter Here

Docs Here

NEUPL is a simple stack-based language. Check the docs for more info :ninja:
I'm nearly 100% sure it's not Turing Complete, unless there is some form of bug with the language.

Interesting NEUPL code snippets:
"Hello, world!": !<d<l<r<o<w< ,<o<l<l<e<H<lp
"hi", but it's really overcomplicated (kudos to you if you can understand it): i<<h<<l<<p<i<p<l<pie
"Hello, _iPhoenix_" (demonstrates command insertion and printing newlines with an empty stack and lp): lp,<o<l<l<e<H<l<pip_<pi<x<i<n<e<o<h<P<i<_<l<piplp

There are some notable bugs, particularly with the execution of commands from the stack. I think I know why, but I'll take some time to fix.

Additionally, I want to be able to manipulate the stack in other ways, like flipping it, changing ASCII values of characters in the stack, and more.

The goal of this programming language is ,<r<a<e<l<c<n<U<lp.<w<o<n< <r<o<f<lp (Unclear, for now.)

Just note that more commands are coming, and this is slightly buggy, so don't worry too much if something isn't working.
And yes, I'll continue to work on UniChat. This is just a small excursion from that.

• Calculators owned: A sentient TI-84+ CE, TI-85
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: TI-99/4a home computer
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games