Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

General site updates, TODO list and discussion

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 12, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok. Btw where do I put the files?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

In your home directory or in img/ or something like that. And yeah the sizes, I just checked, are 196x144 and 640x360. Also...

UPDATE:

- Switched to PHP 5.6.2 (solves quite a ton of stuff)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

pimathbrainiac

Sweet. I have set the allowed attachment extensions to doc,mpg,pdf,txt,zip, and rar for now, so images are not allowed to be attached at the moment.
Well, I'm bach here too!

aetios

Great to see all those updates coming in. I wish I could do some stuff but everything has already been taken care of :P
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

It doesn't seem that much slower so far. We'll need to see how it goes with more users posting, though. Sometimes, posting large messages filled with BBCode caused lag.

Also I found a nice SMF mod: Multiple groups. You know how SMF lets admins put members in secondary, invisible groups, right? Well, that mod makes every group visible, so it will be MUCH easier for members to know which staff can do what.

EDIT: Btw, do not edit any of the default theme files! If you want to change something, copy them in the CodeWalrus theme folder. Otherwise we won't be able to upgrade anymore.

Also, I am contemplating making the board invisible to guests instead of in maintenance mode and enabling registrations with admin approval mode. Basically, people could register, but we won't approve them until they are invited or that the board opens to public. Because right now it's a major pain to manually register people myself one by one.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

pimathbrainiac

I like the mod addition idea. I'll be sure not to edit the default theme. Also I second the motion to make the board invisible with admin approval. It will make it easier when we add more members.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

THe latest version of EzPortal is completely broken, especially the recent topics block, so when changing parameters it does nothing at all. I decided to instead go with Omnimaga's recent post mod from Github.

http://codewalr.us/index.php?action=recent

I'll try to alter the site navigation when I have some time.

Board is also now open to registrations, but all accounts require admin approval. Site content is invisible to guests.

Karma mode is also enabled again, since PHP supports it, unlike HHVM, but I still need to move the buttons elsewhere more visible.

pimathbrainiac

Okay. Once ezPortal is updated, we should try it again, imo. Maybe we should put the karma buttons at the bottom right of the post, so people see them after they finish reading. Yay? Nay?
Well, I'm bach here too!

novenary

By the way I think staff board posts count against your total posts. We may want to change that, let me check.

Yup it does, let me look into fixing it.

pimathbrainiac

Good to know. We don't want new members to think that the staff are 1337 h4xx0rs who artificially boost post count.
Well, I'm bach here too!

novenary

Well DJ said that it's still contributions so I'm not touching it until everyone agrees.

Dream of Omnimaga

I personally think it's fine if staff posts still count. After all, that's how I had Omni always setup in the past and if we really wanted to boost our post counts we would boost them by 1000, not 7.

IMHO, only spam/humor shouldn't count, or intro if we ever get those boards, but so far I think humor/jokes will be about 4-5 threads max in the off-topic section (funny pics, Youtube vids, quotes, etc) and I am contemplating doing like Cemetech for intros so that there is 1 single introduction thread for everyone, to avoid cluttering the board.

Also major issue: The forums no longer show up in Tapatalk search. It still supports Tapatalk AFAIK, but If I type Calculators, TI-Nspire, TI-84 plus, Codewalrus or even the URL in Tapatalk search, it says there is no result found. I don't know how Tapatalk works but I suspect juju needs to enter meta tags in the Tapatalk settings or I need to put some meta tags in the theme.

Yuki

I have set Tapatalk in incognito mode so nobody can find us yet. Or else you might try to search for codewalr.us.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Nope, even codewalr.us didn't return any result. Maybe later you can turn it ON to public then I can add it? Then you can turn it back off. Just so I can use it when at work and stuff. 

Also I changed the Welcome guest/member at the top of the screen so that not only it replaces Unread topics and Recent posts since last visit with Cooliojazz's mod, but also show up for guests instead of just members. This is until I decide to move stuff elsewhere and stuff. I was too busy this weekend to work on much stuff.

novenary

Oh it's really cool that you installed that mod. Thank you DJ. <3