Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Product names/marketing fails [NSFW]

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 19, 2015, 11:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princetonlion.tibd

Quote from: aeTIos on January 21, 2015, 01:46:35 PM
Japanese are also horrible at English, though not as bad as Chinese. Generally in Japanese the message comes through, but the sentence structure is horribly mangled x.x
There's a joke in China about a Chinese person who travels to some European country, get's into an argument with a local, and starts yelling f*** me :P
Quote from: Juju on January 20, 2015, 04:32:52 AM
The chinese always find the way to fail it.
True :P
That explain my program fails :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you mean that Chinese people are worse at English than Japanese people or do you mean that they are worse at Chinese language than English? Because if it's the former, then I wouldn't want to play a video game nor watch an anime that was made in China and translated to English >.<. I mean, many older SNES and PS1 RPGs from Japan had horrible English localizations, so imagine how bad they would be if they were from China. >.<

Regarding China failing at doing stuff, I think for electronics and stuff like that it's more because they always try to save as much money as possible when producing stuff, so they can sell it for cheaper, but the result is that it breaks faster often.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Stereotypes. But in all seriousness, china has some problems O.o
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

novenary

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 21, 2015, 04:04:27 PM
Do you mean that Chinese people are worse at English than Japanese people or do you mean that they are worse at Chinese language than English? Because if it's the former, then I wouldn't want to play a video game nor watch an anime that was made in China and translated to English >.<. I mean, many older SNES and PS1 RPGs from Japan had horrible English localizations, so imagine how bad they would be if they were from China. >.<

Regarding China failing at doing stuff, I think for electronics and stuff like that it's more because they always try to save as much money as possible when producing stuff, so they can sell it for cheaper, but the result is that it breaks faster often.
Nowadays there are professional translators that do it and most translations are great quality tho.

alexgt

McDonald's employees don't want more competition :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Snektron

[Emoji90]? Also they ced up pretty badly
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Holy hell, those McDonald's signs... O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

These ain't fails, they are vandalized! :p (But yeah, fun as hell)
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

c4ooo

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on January 20, 2015, 12:34:10 AM

It means: mommy, that one, that one, that one
Hmm that's weird. In russian "die" means "give". It's an interesting coincidence how both of these words will both work in the context. Also: I guess this is a necrobump? :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Does the English word give translate to die in Russian? :P

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 25, 2015, 07:20:47 PM
Does the English word give translate to die in Russian? :P
"Дай" is pronounced " die" and is the command form of "give". Alot of the time lazy russian internet users use the Latin alphabet instead of the Cyrillic one. So yea... :P The russian word for "die" would be pronounced "umerie", long u and long I. (Once again here I give the command form of the verb)

Dream of Omnimaga

I have absolutely no clue about what you mean, sorry >.< (specifically what is command, there)

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 27, 2015, 12:03:04 PM
I have absolutely no clue about what you mean, sorry >.< (specifically what is command, there)
O well nvm then. But the command is the form of a verb that is used when giving commands. (It's technically called "imperative") So for ex in Latin (idk French) "audio lupum" would be "I hear the wolf" but audi lupum" would be me ordering you to listen to the wolf.