Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Userbar Tips and Tricks and Backgrounds

Started by DarkestEx, April 26, 2015, 08:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

My concern though is that the color is green, a little like the staff bars. I am unsure if using an Elite Spammer bar would be a good idea on other forums, because it might make some people jump to the conclusion that CodeWalrus is a spam site. <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Yeah, I don't want to be broadcasted as an elite spammer unless this is on this site. :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Yeah, also the definition of "spammer" might vary per person...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Mine are uploaded to usersbars.removedfrimgame but I keep the background and the source files (Gimp) on my side because I can still edit them. I made a template which helps me keeping the same style over my numerous bars. Once I get back in my laptop I could give it to you.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 03, 2015, 08:44:22 AM
Yeah, also the definition of "spammer" might vary per person...
Well, when it refers to a person it often refers to flooding, unless the person only has like 20 posts or is a bot, in which case it refers to blatant advertising.

Unicorn

Or really short posts that mean nothing and increase word count like this one.

So yeh,yeah, yeah! and stuff.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Well i just refer to it as "a lot of messages". Those can be useful or just junk, so im a bit looser in that i suppose

CKH4

My definition of spammer is someone who posts unnecessarily, usually not adding anything to a conversation. So basically this post and most of the posts in the off topic section.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Snektron

Well thats waht the off-topic section is for, isnt it? :P

CKH4

Yes and no ( this part is opinion so don't really take it seriously unless the staff agree ), there are a surprising amount of 6 word posts which are usually spammy. Generally I think of most posts with less than a complete sentence ( excluding punctuation because who really cares about the period to finish a thought ) spam but if they add something to the thread ( like a picture in the pictures thread ) or ask a serious question ( maybe even joking question in a funny thread ) then it isn't spammy. Since these are pretty broad posts should be given benefit of the doubt.

Also staff if you disagree then you can edit that out.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Nah, I agree your point. Therre has been too much offtopic or short posts these last days I won't block you talking but please try to increase the quality of your posts, it's not about the quantity or trying to match DJ's post count, it's more about giving feedbacks, detailled criticism or just plain offtopic, do what you want but try to lower the pace of few posts, thanks, it just make too much clutter and creating forum pages full of  6-word posts. Thanks.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.