Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Walrii fanart [walrus][sprites][pixel art][sprite sheet]

Started by Keoni29, November 22, 2014, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotu

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 05, 2016, 06:31:12 AM
True but they can be redrawn at lower resolution, right? :P
i tried and it didn't work very well
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

I like the edit @p2  :D. I should try to animate it later.

@kotu ah sorry to hear. I might give it a try later. Besides, I managed to make a 24x24 Walrii trollface. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

They are both already animated xD @DJ Omnimaga  ;)
But I noticed that for example Chromium refuses to display them animated while firefox got no problem with them... <_<
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

Nah they aren't p2. In Opera 36+ and mobile Android Chrome they show as static images D: Could you use a different image host, such as img.ourl.ca or img.codewalr.us?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

they are shown animated to me - and they are uploaded on img.ourl.ca xD I got no idea what went wrong... >.>
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

Dream of Omnimaga

Maybe you used some obscure image editor? Could you post both frames here?

Also I realized after convering the 1st gen sprites that the total count for 1st gen is wrong (the sprite sheet had 156 walruses when it should be 150. Although I haven't edited the sprite sheet yet, I moved the last 6 walruses to 2nd gen. The NSFW ones would be part of no generation unless they were unlockables in a game if you entered your age and got past a warning :P

p2

okeyy I realized it was actually an animated png file disguised as an animated gif...
that's what caused toe problem I think

I used 4 frames in order to get the heart floating at a different speed :)

Edit: Aaand a little Walriick But I'm too lazy to make it dance ...

Dream of Omnimaga

You probably renamed the extension to png. I sometimes do that by accident with other file types :P. Thanks, though :). The Walrii of your avatar will definitively be added. And lol at the Rick walrus XD

p2

I used paint.net extensions for animated GIF and PNG files (.agif and .apng)
I can then jsut rename the .agif to .gif - it's a valid gif file but without transparency.
only the .apng supports that. But renaming the .apng to .gif results in some bugs since it really uses png encoding then (so it's working but its no valid gif file...)
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 06, 2016, 12:18:56 PMThe Walrii of your avatar will definitively be added. And lol at the Rick walrus XD
yaay xD  :love:

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I see. I use Photofiltre Studio so I'm unsure if it supports that.

DarkestEx

Awesome new avatars :)

DJ could you update mine?
A walrus matching my new avatar maybe ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

p4nix

Quote from: gameblabla on September 05, 2016, 03:35:35 AM
DJ asked for it so here is nazi walrii (aka my avatar, cuz i'm a troll and a nazi) :

@gameblabla whether you believe it or not, it's more than 'just not funny' for a german who doesn't like to be stamped as a 'german nazi' which you indirectly do here. But worse, you also damage yourself. If you identify yourself as a person responsible for killing millions of innocent people, spreading terror over the whole european continent and further and think this is very funny, then think about what that says about your IQ.

I'm not going to dislike that post because I think you deserve a second chance after giving that statement some thought, but I might give one (if you even care about it) if you still think it's funny afterwards.

Please note that I'm not trying to hurt you here, but that had to be said.

EDIT: about that IQ statement. You definitely program better than me. And there where also clever nazi scientists indeed. Of course there is no excuse for them working for that cruel regime, they had to think of consequences being against that system. You are free. So think about it.
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Dream of Omnimaga

I figured he was trolling and that if he used the avatar it was at his own risk, but I started being worried when c4ooo decided to use it too that it could spread on the forums, which I don't want, since I don't want CW to be seen as encouraging nazism or something.

Personally I think that walrus would be fine if used in the same fashion as Wolfeinstein 3D (for example as a bad guy) but as an avatar or signature that's pushing things quite far. I didn't complain at first because I figured it was their loss if they used that avatar and decided to wait until complains roll in. But we already received a bunch of complaints about the avatars so it was brought up with staff again to see what will be done.

c4ooo

Quote from: p4nix on September 08, 2016, 03:07:08 PM
Quote from: gameblabla on September 05, 2016, 03:35:35 AM
DJ asked for it so here is nazi walrii (aka my avatar, cuz i'm a troll and a nazi) :

@gameblabla whether you believe it or not, it's more than 'just not funny' for a german who doesn't like to be stamped as a 'german nazi' which you indirectly do here. But worse, you also damage yourself. If you identify yourself as a person responsible for killing millions of innocent people, spreading terror over the whole european continent and further and think this is very funny, then think about what that says about your IQ.

I'm not going to dislike that post because I think you deserve a second chance after giving that statement some thought, but I might give one (if you even care about it) if you still think it's funny afterwards.

Please note that I'm not trying to hurt you here, but that had to be said.

EDIT: about that IQ statement. You definitely program better than me. And there where also clever nazi scientists indeed. Of course there is no excuse for them working for that cruel regime, they had to think of consequences being against that system. You are free. So think about it.
Maybe we should ban Wolfenstein too? What about Call Of Duty, which has a depiction of a modern USSR? Should we ban all the war movies and books about ww2 becouse they have a swastika in them, or perhaps we should ban real time online war strategy games becouse you can play as Hitler?

Instead of looking back at history and using your knowledge to make a better future, you are using it to censor the thought of other people. Thus, you are supporting the very censorship-tactics used by the very same nazis against whom you speak.

The opinions and voices should not be censored becouse someone is "offended"; else the opinion of those who speak against the government would be censored, which would in the end cause a dictatorship.

p4nix, you have not learned from history, and you do not understand the dangers of censorship.

p2

we are not trying to censor or forget history. We are well aware of what terrible things happened back then. And we also do try to learn from the past and try not to repeat the same mistakes again.

But still: remembering what happend back then to learn from mistakes made in the past and promoting that same stuff that killed thousends of innocents - that's two COMPLETELY different things!

We're not trying to burry the past, we just don't like people advertising racial and fascist content here nor anywhere else.
I personally am really sick of these stupid racist comments everywhere so please, PLEASE, don't start the same c on CodeWalrus, too.
You know why I love this community so much? Because everyone is nice and friendly and you don't know anything about their religious or political backgrounds or beliefs. All these things don't matter here. All we want is share knowledge and have some fun together and hopefully make some friends. If you want to start a fight over political things, go do it somewhere else.

Germany is over that, we don't want to be nazi germany ever agian. And that's why we'd like both you and gameblabla to remove the nazi walrus. Because we're sick of this c that caused so many deaths. So don't start advertising it again -.-