Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

General site updates, TODO list and discussion

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 12, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

That was weird. It still worked for me, maybe because I'm admin/staff?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I think this is why. It only affected regular members.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

There is now a front-page news sub-forum, but I don't think subscribing will work, since topics are technically part of other sections.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

Sounds good, I'll try it and we'll just have to see.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually, something I could do is remove all clones, then move the topics to the new section then clone them back in their original sections, but then if we ever lose the cloning feature, this would be a mess to sort and it would require too much work anyway.

Yuki

Improved security on HTTPS, this test should give us a nice A+. Something about weak Diffie-Hellman security, HSTS and SSL stapling. Thanks @Lionel Debroux for the tips.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome :). Does this break Youtube vids, though?

Yuki

I don't think so. The only downsides I see is that it breaks Android 2.3, IE6-8 on Windows XP and Java 6 (but you'll still be able to see the site on normal HTTP, though, but you should definitely upgrade if you use those browsers) and, on recent browsers, if you visit the site on HTTPS you may probably be stuck on HTTPS (which is probably a good thing?). If this poses a problem, just tell me and I'll see.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Unicorn

Has this been implemented yet? Because omnimaga did something and I can't veiw the page on https.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

On CW, we do not force HTTPS like on Omni with a 302 redirect, but we do send a header to tell your browser they can attempt forcing HTTPS (only if you're already browsing on HTTPS, most recent major browsers will honor it). The downside is that if there's a certificate error it won't allow you to continue anyway so I guess I'll have to keep the SSL certificate updated when it expires...
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I don't think we should force people to use HTTPs yet.

alexgt

Quote from: Juju on July 22, 2015, 09:21:44 PM
Improved security on HTTPS, this test should give us a nice A+. Something about weak Diffie-Hellman security, HSTS and SSL stapling. Thanks @Lionel Debroux for the tips.
Awesome :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 22, 2015, 11:42:26 PM
Yeah I don't think we should force people to use HTTPs yet.
Yeah, please don't do that, as My kindle can't use it.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

Well, that settles it, CW won't enforce HTTPS with 30x redirects, although you can use the HSTS technology to do so on your browser if it supports it.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Unicorn

Quote from: Juju on July 23, 2015, 02:25:48 AM
Well, that settles it, CW won't enforce HTTPS with 30x redirects, although you can use the HSTS technology to do so on your browser if it supports it.
Yay! Thanks juju.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???