Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What multiplayer games would you play?

Started by Yuki, August 25, 2015, 02:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH4

Yeah it's more of allowing people who I don't know in real life to see people that I do know in real life and vice versa.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh right. That can be an issue. I hate when I want to play with some people I know online, only to be spammed with invites from work teamates on Xbox Live and vice-versa. Those two groups would probably not mix well since they share totally different interests and hobbies.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

novenary

Quote from: CKH4 on August 31, 2015, 12:19:21 PM
Also street mods are almost all self installed now.
I like to update my mods daily, reassign all block IDs by hand and customize the config files as much as possible. :P

aetios

I'd play minecraft on a CW server. We'd need some building plans though, I don't like servers where everyone gets a 24x24 square assigned and just builds :P. Also, no vanilla, I'd like some modded stuff. (factories and stuff would be nice)
ceci n'est pas une signature

CKH4

I'd like to suggest having a creative plot area, a creative community build area and possibly even a survival area. I used to be an avid command block user so its possible that I could help although my skills are pretty much 0 now.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

novenary

I still have my huge list of mods from back in the days. Could get the interesting one and start up a server. We need hosting though, if someone wants to pay for a VPS that would be great.

Also I'd prefer running an older version of the game like beta 1.7.3. I started playing when the game was something like beta 1.3 or 1.4, and I really prefer the older versions of the game, before they added all the "adventure update" crap. Minecraft is a sandbox, not an RPG (and the beta 1.8+ versions fail at being one), 1.7.3 doesn't have the stupid stuff, and it keeps all the really nice features. With some mods it would really rock. :)

TheMachine02

Well the version most mods supports is 1.7.10 anyway.  :P

novenary

Beta 1.7.3 is before 1.0. :P Back then they just had added pistons, there was no hunger bar, no running (this is actually a cool feature), no villages...

TheMachine02

Aw  :P  Not sure there is many mods for that version though.

novenary

Oh yes there are, we can just download the older mods (which rocked).

aetios

I vote against. I'd prefer the latest minecraft version because it has better support, and there are more and better mods for it, and there's just more features. It's not like keeping that hunger bar filled is that hard.
ceci n'est pas une signature

novenary

>better support
The old versions are stable, what else do you want ?
>more and better mods
Not true, the old mods were as awesome as the new ones.
>more features
None of them are interesting. :P

Anyway this is just a personal preference, if you guys prefer the new versions we'll go with them instead.

Alright, decided to go for 1.7.10. It would be cool if you guys could suggest a few mods, but not too many or it will be a pain to maintain. :)
Stuff I'm planning to add :

IndustrialCraft 2
BuildCraft
Forestry
NotEnoughItems (no, not in cheat mode :P)

Unicorn

Maybe Orespawn? Its fairly huge with a ton of bosses, but its easy to get overpowered. If that is a problem, you can always raise the vanilla mobs health.

Mo creatures? I'm not sure how great it is now, but there definitely needs to be some bosses and mobs. Unless forestry already does this?

Anyways, I'm actually running my own moddded survival server, that is kind of like a very stripped down version of crazycraft, if you know what that is.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Maybe split off the topic? :P

also i have some mods:

Mekanism
Thaumcraft
Tinkers Construct
Mapwriter (though this is clientside)
Big Reactors? (though this can be heavy)
ComputerCraft
Chisel 2
Hats
Waila
Applied Energistics
Thermal Foundation
Thermal Expansion
Thermal Dynamics
Minefactory Reloaded
Nether Ores
OpenBlocks
EnderIO
JABBA
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

brentmaas

-Modular Force Field System (MFFS)
-Modular Power Suits
-Twilight Forest (quite laggy, but you've gotta do something for penguins :))
-Galacticraft
Lel I glitched Omni