Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Registrations disabled for the time being

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, December 09, 2014, 12:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Due to some issues with OneAll Social Login that resulted into people being able to circumvent the admin approval mode when registering (and thus, getting forum access instantly), we have currently disabled registrations until we have confirmed that admin approval can still be used without any way it can be circumvented. That said, closed-beta is pretty much closed to registrations by now anyway so it probably doesn't matter at this point.

Whoever created an account that can be identified will not be put back into validating mode, though, and to make it fair to everyone, the person that signed up normally and awaits approval will be approved. So everyone except the unidentified account can still login and post as they see fit.

Domain name ownership was also transfered to Scipi, because of pimath's hiatus and potential issues with his parents.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Hmmm I hope we can solve the problems soon and that pimath comes back too. Thank you Scipi for taking on the ownership of the domain. :)

Yuki

Yep, thank you.

Actually, Scipi is just listed as administrative/technical/whatever contact in the whois because we needed one with a US address, he's not the actual owner. Which is DJ and myself.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Well technically he's still is assigned as the owner, it's just that since I am funding the entire CW operating costs, it's me who will pay the domain name no matter what.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U