Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Code Zombie +CSE

Started by AssemblyBandit, June 08, 2015, 11:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AssemblyBandit

With the arrival of the CE I have been motivated to finish off some old projects that I had started for the +CSE. Code Zombie is a game that I have been pushing off for quite some time but now its getting around to its final stages. The game had originally started off as a port of Sean's Nazi Zombies but I ended up changing it to take better advantage of the +CSE's hardware.

When finished the game will have two modes: survival and wars mode.

Unicorn

Wow, thats amazing! Those graphics are unreal.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

AssemblyBandit

Thanks! A wars demo should be out soon.

CKH4

I agree. The graphics actually look real. It's quite impressive.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

AssemblyBandit

Thanks, I still have some optmizations to do to keep it smooth while theres multiple zombies on the screen.

TheMachine02

I does indeed seems nice. I hope you will can have smooth game even with plenty load of zombies  :P , even if I don't expect cray game performance from CSE... But it is you   :D

Snektron

Awesome *.* i can't wait for an emulator
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

He he, I want a CE now :P

Looks amazing, I especially like the run movements :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

I played this the other day and liked what I saw so far. :D Hopefully there are some items or weapons added to spice it up. Will it be possible to run out of ammo?

Also a CE version would be nice, since it could scroll the entire time instead of screen by screen without losing too much speed.

By the way, to make it even more realistic and show that you are circling around a town, you could make it so when he reaches the edge of the town, the graphics just shows a street intersection (with the other end blocked by abandoned tanks) instead of buildings, and pressing up would enter that intersection.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 09, 2015, 02:30:38 PM
By the way, to make it even more realistic and show that you are circling around a town, you could make it so when he reaches the edge of the town, the graphics just shows a street intersection (with the other end blocked by abandoned tanks) instead of buildings, and pressing up would enter that intersection.
That is a good idea O.O

That could be levels and when you unlock them and go through it would upgrade your gun :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

And then there would be a majestic Unicorn who saves all the world.  :trollface:

Just kidding. I can't wait to try the demo out.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

AssemblyBandit

@TheMachine02 Thanks, the speed should be good, I have been putting off precalculating the y windows just to have something to fall back on if it was slow.

@Cumred_Snektron  Thanks! Originally it wouldn't even display correctly on Wabbitemu because of the way I handled drawing.

@alexgt Thanks! Three weapon upgrades are available, I haven't tried them yet, but they're in there (mostly!)

@DJ Omnimaga Thanks, right now there is only one weapon and it has infinite ammo. That may change though. I added a road image that covers up the area where text (health/ammo) was suppose to go. I didn't want to waste time drawing any text on the game screen so I figured there's only one life, if a zombie bites you your dead, and there's unlimited ammo. I do need to add intersections or make the map a circle! I hope the CE version runs fine with scrolling..

@Unicorn There could be a unicorn or a hamster...

Unicorn

Lol, but yeah as DJ said, you should probably make the background change and add different types of zombies,

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: AssemblyBandit on June 09, 2015, 09:57:21 PM
@TheMachine02 Thanks, the speed should be good, I have been putting off precalculating the y windows just to have something to fall back on if it was slow.

@Cumred_Snektron  Thanks! Originally it wouldn't even display correctly on Wabbitemu because of the way I handled drawing.

@alexgt Thanks! Three weapon upgrades are available, I haven't tried them yet, but they're in there (mostly!)

@DJ Omnimaga Thanks, right now there is only one weapon and it has infinite ammo. That may change though. I added a road image that covers up the area where text (health/ammo) was suppose to go. I didn't want to waste time drawing any text on the game screen so I figured there's only one life, if a zombie bites you your dead, and there's unlimited ammo. I do need to add intersections or make the map a circle! I hope the CE version runs fine with scrolling..

@Unicorn There could be a unicorn or a hamster...
Actually I like the one life idea. You could maybe add actual lives like in Mario, but make it so that with just one hit, you're dead.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

But then you'd just have one heart? :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...