Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Twitch Plays Calculator

Started by Yuki, March 22, 2016, 06:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

You know the Twitch Plays Pokémon concept, where a game takes its input from the Twitch chat? Well you can do that with a calculator now, apparently. It's playing Sorunome's Reuben Quest remake right now, join and play for yourself! The instructions are in the description.

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

I remember that last year when ROL3 was played. Do u know if it's safe against people quitting the game on purpose?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

The key to quit the game is disabled. Also any key that does nothing.

Also it was me who was playing last year or so IIRC. (I don't remember but it was probably the case.) This time it's entirely automated.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

>playing

More like, spent 8 hours starring at one screen of The Reign of Legends 3 :trollface:

By the way, if slower BASIC games are played, should the emulation speed be doubled? Not that I would recommend playing such games, but we never know.

EDIT: Problemo: There is a 10 seconds lag after you press keys D:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 23, 2016, 03:10:09 AM
By the way, if slower BASIC games are played, should the emulation speed be doubled? Not that I would recommend playing such games, but we never know.
If that works.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 23, 2016, 03:10:09 AM
EDIT: Problemo: There is a 10 seconds lag after you press keys D:
This is perfectly normal.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN