Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

TI-Planet's "Project Builder" with online CE C Compiler

Started by Adriweb, March 19, 2016, 05:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvajoy123

I am new to asm programing am a basic programer and i just want to how to use this platform
??? ??? ??? ???
can you please teach me how to asm program
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
The maker of Xenon.

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: Alvajoy123 on March 23, 2017, 12:41:30 AM
I am new to asm programing am a basic programer and i just want to how to use this platform
??? ??? ??? ???
can you please teach me how to asm program
No.

Dream of Omnimaga

This tool is for C programming for the most part. Also, have ytou done any programming during your lifetime before? Because if you only did TI-BASIC, then jumping straight to ez80 ASM might be next to impossible, as the "Learn ASM in 28 days" tutorial states at the beginning. It's really better to climb the ladder from the bottom and experiment with small TI-BASIC examples such as the ones in the TI manual then work your way up.

Otherwise, if you have a lot of experience in programming, then we can guide you to tutorials you will need and help you if you don't understand something, but it will require you a considerable amount of patience (which, however, is worth it, because making softwares can be fun and good learning experience).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

Hey there @Alvajoy123 :)
I had wo work with ASM for a few months myself and it was really super hard even for me and I do programming in various languages since years.
ASM is really the hardest thing there is to programming.
You might want to do easier stuff first, like DJ mentioned :)

Quote from: MateoConLechuga on March 23, 2017, 01:03:36 AM
Quote from: Alvajoy123 on March 23, 2017, 12:41:30 AMcan you please teach me how to asm program
No.
not very friendly nor helpful there Mateo <_<
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Snektron

Assembly isn't really that hard, but you have to think a bit different than you would with high level programming. If
you find a good tutorial is definitely learnable ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Alvajoy123

Can you make tutorial video on how to use it and can you make it export files  :thumbsup:
looking good by the way :thumbsup:   :love:
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
The maker of Xenon.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Snektron on March 23, 2017, 08:53:55 PM
Assembly isn't really that hard, but you have to think a bit different than you would with high level programming. If
you find a good tutorial is definitely learnable ;)
I never managed to learn ASM successfully even after three attempts <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Adriweb

A quick&dirty experimental integration of jacobly's LLVM eZ80 backend has been done yesterday evening:

It will obviously be better eventually, but for now it's good enough to try/debug stuff :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

Adriweb

Thanks, but in theory, all the credit goes to jacobly's rather extraordinary work :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios

Adriweb

LLVM view updated, now diffing with ZDS (left, and llvm on the right)
Note that clang gets called with -Oz for now.
(Also, yes that means you can write some C++17 for you 84+CE, because why not...)

Dream of Omnimaga

Difference checking is definitively a great addition. I know websites already exist for that but when I am trying to figure out why a similar piece of code works and the other copy doesn't, it's annoying to have to try to find the diff checker site URL again and again when you are trying to concentrate on debugging <_<

Adriweb

Well, for now it is only comparing ZDS to LLVM, but some versioning ideas have been in my mind for quite a while, so if I ever implement something related to that (probably through git, if so), then yep, diff between versions would be there.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok. I wonder if it can detect weird whitespace characters? (like the ones generated by earlier HP Prime connectivity kit or emulator versions)

Adriweb

Over the past few days, I've been able to work on some Project Builder upgrades (and I want to particularly thank jacobly for the time he spent with me debugging some things :P) :

• "Refactor" (relatively minor, but not trivial either) of the eZ80_native backend architecture to better allow for a more direct usage of the upstream toolchain. The PB now uses the latest toolchain and libs versions, while keeping compatibility for/with the old and existing projects. 
  • Initial support of .cpp/.hpp files, which may be compiled only right now, and of course only with LLVM (they're not built, there's no ZDS linker involved, at least for now).
    Warning, there's no C++ std lib support, but you way write classes, templates etc. (well, anything related to the C++ syntax itself), but without using the STL, for example. 
  • More generic and reliable dirty check (for launching builds)
  • Fix ctags getter when refreshing after saving files
  • Fix modal line numbers and refresh
  • New feature to display the LLVM unfiltered output alone as well, instead of only having a ZDS+LLVM diff view.
  • Better bootstrap tooltips
  • Feature to disallow creating implementation files with the same "common name" (i.e. you can't create a test.asm file if a test.c existed, as this would conflict later on during the build)

(Will be available soon on the public github repo)

- Via https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18118&p=217395#p217395