Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[CSE Basic] D-Fend

Started by 123outerme, March 22, 2015, 04:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123outerme

So lately, I have been working on a certain new project in math, which I talked about in my latest post in my topic for Flatforme. Written in pure CSE Basic, this project is a "defender" game where you defend your side of the screen against evil people or whatever. (Does this even need a story?)

Anyway, it's a shoot-em-up with unique controls: to fire a laser blast, you have to rapidly tap the XTON button, charging it up. Pressing 2nd will fire the laser when it's charged, and pressing Alpha will use a special attack, if ready.

Enemies charge at you in four "lanes". Hitting them with a laser will knock them back to the start. Using the special initially unlocked will knock all four enemies back to the start, but you will have to wait quite a while to use it again. There are 3 difficulty modes: Boring (easy), Normal (medium), and Unforgiving (Hard). As the game progresses, the enemies speed up, based on your difficulty setting. You can also purchase new abilities (passive or ALPHA super abilities) in the Shop, where you can spend Gold and equip new abilities.

Download is attached.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

Looks pretty cool, maybe you could move the laser down like 2px? Unless its intentionally at the top of the 0?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

123outerme

Quote from: CKH4 on March 22, 2015, 04:42:07 PM
Looks pretty cool, maybe you could move the laser down like 2px? Unless its intentionally at the top of the 0?
It's on top of the O just in case you move and fire before the game has time to make the dot an X. That way, it'll erase the dot.

CKH4

Oh, very interesting. That is cool.

Dream of Omnimaga

Interesting. What doea it mean when enemies change to X characters instead of dots?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 22, 2015, 06:00:55 PM
Interesting. What doea it mean when enemies change to X characters instead of dots?
It means that you are on the same "lane" as them, and can fire and push them back. However, due to the way the graphics update, you can move into a new lane and the dot will still be there for a bit. I can't change that.

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah thanks for clarifying. And I'm fine with the late graphic update. I did that in Illusiat 13 item menu to speed cursor movement up. Item descriptions will appear only once you stop moving it. Maybe make the X green?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

The X should be purple. This is looking cool Outerme!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 23, 2015, 12:15:17 AM
Aah thanks for clarifying. And I'm fine with the late graphic update. I did that in Illusiat 13 item menu to speed cursor movement up. Item descriptions will appear only once you stop moving it. Maybe make the X green?
Yeah. It was really the only plausible option, other than having the enemies in a For( list, but that would make gameplay stuttery.
Quote from: Unicorn on March 23, 2015, 01:38:35 AM
The X should be purple. This is looking cool Outerme!
Thanks! I'll think if I want to make the enemies another color. I probably will, though.

Anyway, today I added unlockable powers. Your game score is added on to your "Gold" as I call it (it's a F2P game!!!1!) after you finish a game. Use this gold to purchase new passive abilities or swap out your ALPHA super move! I have only one passive ability and two ALPHA super moves completed, but I might add more.

CKH4

Yay for update. That sounds like a cool addition.

alexgt

Looks cool wish I could try it
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh I like the gold idea. Kinda like achievement points on Xbox Live that lets you buy more DLCs and stuff, but in your case nothing can be purchased with real money. Keep up the good work. :)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Wait, can the G points be used to buy things? Isn't it just to see who is DA_best_xx? Are you thinking instead of Live points which are bought from real money?
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually wait, nevermind, we can't (although some countries got the rewards program). But that could be an idea for 123outerme's game.