Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

JCW's Music

Started by JCW, August 13, 2017, 08:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCW

Hi,

I used to be active now and then back at Omnimaga.org and even further back in time, at the old TIMGUL (The International Music Generator Users Lounge) website, where I would upload tracks made on my PlayStation through MTVMG/Music.

These days I do oldskool Jungle through FL Studio.

https://soundcloud.com/johnbakoda

And secondary, I goof around with SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/xynthantion
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES, Sega Master System, SNES, Sega Megadrive/Genesis, GameBoy Colour, GameBoy Advance, PSOne, PlayStation, Gamecube, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360
ジャングル

kotu

I listened to your album 'Atmospheric' and really like it. It reminds me of the 'Artcore' album (the first one). Really professional sounding tunes dude!  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

JCW

Thank you, I really appreciate it. Artcore & Artcore II by Doc Scott are among my favourites from those days.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES, Sega Master System, SNES, Sega Megadrive/Genesis, GameBoy Colour, GameBoy Advance, PSOne, PlayStation, Gamecube, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360
ジャングル

kotu

If you don't mind me asking... what is your training??
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

JCW

ジャングル

Dream of Omnimaga

Hey @JCW nice to see you again. I think I remember seeing you again on Omnimaga around 2014 but that was it. I'm glad you still do music. I'm gonna have to listen to your new jungle music, but I think I also missed out on some of the less recent material so I will probably to have to check that out if it's still available somewhere (I know some TIMGUL songs are still online in the TIMGUL archives but the vast majority of the MP3 files were corrupted)

For the Sega Genesis stuff, do you use Deflatemask? I got into 8-bit chiptunes making with Pocket Music and Houstontracker 2, but I only made three chiptune songs at most (only one of which was really finished). Most of my 2002-2017 material uses PS1 Music 2000.

I hope you enjoy your stay and continue making more music :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

JCW

Hey, nice to see you too, I did pop in now and then to Omnimaga on the IRC but always seemed to miss you.

Do you have any surviving examples of my TIMGUL tracks? I lost all of them years ago when my old PC gave up. I'd like to have them again if you could arrange something. Other than that it's just what's on my SoundCloud.

I use sound fonts and VOPM usually with .wav percussion from various games but usually Revenge of Shinobi/Shinobi III. Nothing spectacular as always but I have fun with it. I'll have to look into Deflatemask and maybe get back on Music 2000 for a special track.
ジャングル

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U