Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Seeking for nuclear Pokémons? Go catch 'em all before it's too late!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, August 11, 2016, 05:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameblabla

Quote from: garvalf on August 13, 2016, 09:24:36 PM
they've already removed the download because they feared about nintendo's lawyers.
I'm pretty those were fake because they do not own the Pokémon trademark and it's the Pokémon company who owns the copyright.
Pretty sure it's a scare tactic.

Thankfully, i downloaded the games with all the patches !
Like AM2R, i will upload it to my website.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

I wouldn't be surprised if trolls so.etimes sent fake DMCA notices. Or maybe they removed it due to maxing out their bandwidth? That game is large and 1 TB of bandwidth gets maxed out fast when a 100+ MB game gets 10000 downloads
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Yeah, they had some issues with their website but it's clearly not the reason why they took it down...
If you still want to have it, grab it here :
https://gameblabla.nl/files/Pokemon_Uranium.7z

It's pre-patched with version 1.1 so no need for patching. (as online patching never worked, you had to manually download the file and apply it manually)
I'm not sure if despite this, they will still activate online support but it looks like unlikely to be the case...
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

It depends. When I stepped down from Omnimaga, my budget for hosting reached zero, so when they dropped TIMGUL from their hosting package and allowed me and juju to host it ourselves, we had nowhere to put it due to not willing to spend anymore money on hosting. Sure, Mediafire and Mega.nz exists, but maybe they are waiting to see if a C&D will come up before risking getting banned from hosting anything on those sites in the foreseeable future. But yeah it's entirely possible that Pokémon Company was just slow at sending a DMCA or that Pokémon Company refused, but Nintendo finally convinced them to do so. I bet the reasons why the files are gone are available on Google, unless the authors are not transparent.

Thanks for the link, though. I only got v1.0.

EDIT: @gameblabla , I found the source of the lag: I investigated and it's effectively an RPG Maker XP game. And RMXP is garbage when it comes to resource usage. Take a look below:

-I ran the game: 15-25 FPS (usually 30 with lots of hiccups)
-I ran a dummy RPG Maker VX Ace project with a large map: 55-60 FPS
-I ran a dummy RPG Maker XP project with a large map: 15-25 FPS
-I ran an RPG Maker 2003 game (The Mysterious Cities of Gold II: The Curse of Amirax): 60 FPS (except during the intro where I got 15 during the first few seconds)

XP came out a few years before VX and VX Ace came out a few years after VX. I knew that XP games were capped at 30 FPS, but I didn't realize that software was this inneficient (although I heard XP didn't work on Windows Vista, so perhaps it just sucks on newer OSes?)

It's a shame they didn't go with VX for this game. I won't blame them for choosing what they prefer, but VX is a far cry from XP in terms of performance and I think it supports ruby scripts too.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Quote from: gameblabla on August 13, 2016, 10:17:34 PM
Quote from: garvalf on August 13, 2016, 09:24:36 PM
they've already removed the download because they feared about nintendo's lawyers.
I'm pretty those were fake because they do not own the Pokémon trademark and it's the Pokémon company who owns the copyright.
Pretty sure it's a scare tactic.
Nintendo do own the copyright for Pokémon. Actually, three different, but related companies own the copyright: Nintendo (the publisher), Game Freak (the developer) and Creatures (the trading cards and other toys, as well as some games too). The Pokémon Company was set up as a joint venture between those three companies to manage, market and licence the Pokémon franchise. But in this case, it's most likely indeed The Pokémon Company who would send the DMCA, if any, on behalf of the three other companies, since it's part of the "licensing" part of their mission. It is widely assumed it would be Nintendo, but in reality, it's kinda more complex than this.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

I checked the game forums and it seems it was removed due to multiple DMCA takedown notices actually, on behalf of Nintendo of America. Apparently the authors were not contacted directly, so I assume they're just not taking any chance. However, the good news is that 1.5 million people downloaded the game. If people like the game and are not hindered too much by the lag or other flaws, then it should hopefully help the Streisand effect.

The game will still be updated (most likely via patches).

http://www.pokemonuranium.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1987

GalacticPirate

• Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)

Dream of Omnimaga

I still wish the project had started a few years later so that it would have used RPG Maker VX instead of XP. It would have run much faster. I wonder if there are converters to convert RPG Maker XP games into VX ones and if the RM emulators out there (such as Android's) could run the game faster?

Ivoah

• Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Dream of Omnimaga

This is not related to Pokémon, but I wonder if anyone remembers if the cease and desist letter that Digg received in 2010 was part of their April fools joke or if it was legit? Basically, they had Mario sprites on the website somewhere as an April Fools prank, only to get a cease and desist letter from Nintendo afterwards, but it was in 2010 and I don't remember if the C&D was real or not. If it was real then I don't know what to say O.O (but again it's not any worse than TI trying to force TI-News former community aggregator to change their name.)

p2

I wonder what it feels like to work for 9 years at a great project and then having to remove it only days after releasing it...  :'(
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

Trust me, I know similar feelings, but in my case 10 years, but I won't get into details. I think most CW staff knows what I am talking about.