Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(Wind Symphony) The Unquiet Mind - WIP

Started by pimathbrainiac, April 10, 2015, 04:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pimathbrainiac

So I'm writing a piece as a project for AP Psych, based on the book "An Unquiet Mind" (which is an autobiography about a person with bipolar disorder). I thought I'd share my progress with you guys. Here's the first little chunk (I need to add percussion to the fast section before I move on, but this is a good taste of what is to come).

So I finally put this on soundcloud (This is the final version until I come back to this in the summer): https://soundcloud.com/pimathbrainiac/the-unquiet-mind-wip

What do you guys think?
Well, I'm bach here too!

Yuki

That sounds pretty great, can't wait to hear the rest ^_^
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

This sounds pretty nice so far, although I think the new sounds that starts around the middle shouldn't be as loud, so that we can still hear the background track that starts at the beginning more. I like the style by the way. Reminds me of some Final Fantasy stuff :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

pimathbrainiac

Yeah I have to fix the dynamics with the brass section entrance, but that should be an easy fix.  As for sounding like FF, I never played those games, so I can only assume the music is awesome. Thanks!
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

If you ever get free time or get into RPGs, you should start with the SNES and PS1 games IMHO. The music style is kinda similar to some of your stuff. But those games are my favorite too. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Have a try too to Earthbound and MOTHER 3 (this one on GBA). On SNES there are the Secret of <NAME> which are very good and don't forget the Tactics Ogre and FFT(A) on PS1 (GBA)
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

pimathbrainiac

Uploaded new revision/extension. Same link.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

This is even better, and I like the details you put in it, like the background melodies. :D Good job on this version :)

pimathbrainiac

I put up the final version (until summer) on soundcloud.
Well, I'm bach here too!

CKH4

Wow that is really great. I really like it and its pretty epic. Keep up the cool stuff. Its not what I typically listen to but I like it minus the last note because I'm very annoyed at those sorts of things (don't change it based on what I say because I'm tremendously biased).
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

That final version is an instant favorite on SoundCloud :D. I should put it in my music playlists on my computer

pimathbrainiac

This is now my most played track on Soundcloud!
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

Cool to hear. :) One of those listens must be by me :P